PDA

View Full Version : Activating Pause with a controller

teeedubb
06-25-2015, 10:32 PM
Hi all,

First off thanks for all the work that has gone into RocketLauncher - its awesome! My only gripe is that I didn't discover it sooner :p

I'm wondering if there is anyway to activate HyperPause with a controller? I want to use the guide button on a 360/ps3 controller but I haven’t been able to get it to work. I have tried:

Mapping the guide button directly in the RL/HP setup. Controller input isnt detected.
Using this program (http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=164695) to launch a ahk script and send various key presses (using Send, SendRaw and SendInput). The simulated key presses aren’t detected in the RL/HP setup.
Using the same program to send a event to EventGhost to simulate a key press, again the simulated key presses aren’t detected in the RL/HP setup.
Sending keypresses via a VB script, again the simulated key presses aren’t detected in the RL/HP setup.
I also tried using Xpadder, but it doesnt seem like you can remap the the guide button with it.

Any suggestions are welcome as I'd really like to be able to activate HP because it adds a lot of functionality and I do the majority of my retro gaming on a TV with a controller and the wireless keyboard I have doesn’t have a Numpad + button.

Thanks for reading.

sevenseal
06-25-2015, 10:42 PM
Have you tried out antimicro?
https://github.com/Ryochan7/antimicro

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

brolly
06-25-2015, 11:06 PM
I don't understand what's your problem exactly. If you can't use the numpad+ button can't you simply assign the Pause button to something else?

teeedubb
06-25-2015, 11:19 PM
@sevenseal I'll check out antimicro. I also have pinnacle game profiler installed so I can also try that.

@brolly Ideally id like to activate HyperPause with the guide button. Simulated key presses via eventghost/ahk arent selected by the hyperpause button mapping setup or hyperpause itself. I tried sending Numpad+ and various other keys.

bleasby
06-26-2015, 12:27 AM
AHK do not recognize simulated key presses for security reasons. That is most probably why you can't do what you had in mind.

Native support for gamepads, including support the xbox guide button, will be added in the not so far future for RocketLauncher.
I am currently working on a complete rewritten of the RocketLauncher buttons and keys code. When I am able to iron out all issues I will release them to the official RL files and let everyone know.

Meanwhile, in the next few days we will be releasing a method to communicate with RL from other applications. That way you will be able to enter and exit pause by sending a simple message to RocketLauncher from any programming language that you want. An AHK example on how to do will also be provided to make things easier for anyone that wants to use that feature.

You could also use something like this to remap the guide button to the pause key meanwhile.
https://github.com/jcoddaire/Xbox-360-Guide-Button-Remapper

teeedubb
06-26-2015, 01:10 AM
bleasby thats great news, I'm looking forward to the updates.

Rincewind
01-14-2016, 04:49 PM
Just started using the pause feature tonight on mame only to see how it works , I added the mame extras. It definitely adds an extra element to the retro gaming experience. One day I might actually start playing the games :joyman:

damageinc86
01-24-2016, 05:00 PM
I use Pinnacle Game Profiler to remap my guide button to my pause key (accent), and it works just fine. I have my hyperspin navigation profile running as the background profile, so as long as an emulator doesn't need it's own profile, which none of mine do since I have all controls set up in emulator, the keypress gets sent to pause as long as the hyperspin navigation profile is in an active state. Works great.