PDA

View Full Version : Hyperlaunch doesn't start even when HS is default frontend

Epsilon
01-06-2015, 06:58 PM
First of all awesome work on recent HyperLaunch HQ 1.1.1.0 :)
But I think I've found a bug or I might've misunderstood something.

My folder structure looks like this C:\HyperSpin\HyperLaunch\HyperLaunchHQ

In HLHQ, I have configured HyperSpin as the default and active frontend.
However I start HyperSpin either from C:\HyperSpin.exe or from HLHQ itself, HyperLaunch doesn't start with it.

I also have in HyperSpin C:\HyperSpin\Settings\Settings.ini
[Main]
Hyperlaunch_Path=C:\Hyperspin\HyperLaunch\

I even replaced HL and HLHQ completely with latest git so theres no old files around, but the issue persists.
Am I missing something here or did I encounter a bug?

brolly
01-06-2015, 07:12 PM
What do you mean? You are expecting HyperLaunch to start when you launch HyperSpin? You'll need to explain your problem a bit better because I don't think I'm following you.

Epsilon
01-06-2015, 07:20 PM
Alright, well if I start HyperSpin and I look in HLHQ Settings in HLHQ, under information it will say HyperLaunch is not Running. And HyperPause and other HyperLaunch functionality won't work. And if I try to launch HyperLaunch.exe manually it gives me an error about systems.xml. Which I gathered from forum searches relates to HyperSpin not being set as default and active frontend in HLHQ. But I've done that, even removed it a couple of times and set it up again to make sure it was proper.
Again it is possible I'm missing something blatantly obvious, but been wrestling with this for a day now :P

brolly
01-06-2015, 08:07 PM
HyperLaunch will only start running AFTER you launched a game from HyperSpin, it won't start together with it. So HLHQ will only show HL as running while you are ingame, that info is only there so you can see if something went wrong and HL didn't close itself after exiting a game.
Trying launching HyperLaunch manually has nothing to do with HyperSpin at all, you simply need to have a XML file with your systems inside the database folder of HLHQ. You shouldn't be running HyperLaunch directly, use HLHQ instead.
So the question is is HyperLaunch actually launching your games from HyperSpin or not?

Epsilon
01-06-2015, 08:36 PM
HyperLaunch will only start running AFTER you launched a game from HyperSpin, it won't start together with it. So HLHQ will only show HL as running while you are ingame, that info is only there so you can see if something went wrong and HL didn't close itself after exiting a game.
Trying launching HyperLaunch manually has nothing to do with HyperSpin at all, you simply need to have a XML file with your systems inside the database folder of HLHQ. You shouldn't be running HyperLaunch directly, use HLHQ instead.
So the question is is HyperLaunch actually launching your games from HyperSpin or not?
Yes it is. In which case theres something else wrong, due to hyperpause not working, which I will try and figure out. Thank you :)
Also I apologize for not realising this.

brolly
01-06-2015, 08:37 PM
Make sure you have HyperPause enabled in HLHQ.
Also whenever you have issues post your HyperLaunch.log without it we can't give much help.