Recent content by Takaji

1. Takaji

[SOLVED] ToggleMenu timeout

Last weekend I tried setting up RL with Attract Mode to play MAME roms. Most of them work, but some of them are causing a ToggleMenu timeout which I don't know how to fix. Is it a MAME problem or a RL problem? Relevant code: 12:13:24:248 | MD | INFO | +0 | Process.Run - Running...
  2. Takaji

[SOLVED] Bug report: Invalid token when removing system from list in RLUI

Just wanted to submit a quick bug report (or maybe it's not a big report, but I'm mentioning it anyways). I wanted to add the Funtech Super Acan system to RLUI, so I used the + button and added it, except I used the Wikipedia title "Funtech Super A'Can". Then I realized that RL recognizes the...
  3. Takaji

NullDC/Demul cable type settings

I'm using NullDC as my chief Dreamcast emulator, and Demul for some specific games (I think the list came from Ron a long time ago). Some games I'm unable to play because of an AV cable error. I've tried changing cable settings in both emulators, but to no avail. This problem only happens on a...
  4. Takaji

[SOLVED] Fade issues after upgrading to HS 1.4 and RL 1.0

After upgrading to the latest and greatest, I've got an issue where as soon as I launch a title from HS, the game + bezel briefly appears before HS takes focus on the screen and the game screen is hidden. I need to Alt + Tab to get to the game window. Hopefully someone knows what's going on...
  5. Takaji

".ini"created when launching a MAME title using RocketLauncherHQ

When I launch a MAME title from RocketLauncherHQ, a file called ".ini" is created in the root of the drive that RocketLauncher is installed in. The path RocketLauncher is installed to is: J:\HyperSpin\HyperLaunch The file ".ini" is being created here: J:\.ini The contents of the ".ini" file is...
  6. Takaji

Panasonic 3DO and 4DO emulator - load state window size changes

If I use "Load state" in 4DO while in a game, the emulator exits fullscreen and loads the state in windowed mode. If I use Load state again, then it returns to fullscreen and the state loads. I'm using 4DO 1.3.2.3. Uninstalling and reinstalling does not change the issue, unfortunately. Has...
  7. Takaji

SSF module and bezels

Well, I tried using a bezel made by DamnRegistrations because it looked like the window size matched the emulator size. But I haven't gotten it to work correctly yet. This is what it looks like after a second try: The bezel is 1920x1080, the same resolution as my monitor. rfancella, it would...
  8. Takaji

Display instruction cards from multiple locations

Is it possible to have an instruction card in the "_Default" folder that should always be displayed, and then another instruction card in a specific game folder that is only displayed when that game is selected? I'm trying to do this but the instruction card in _Default is being ignored -...
  9. Takaji

SSF module and bezels

I've got a bezel I'm trying to use with SSF. The problem is that when I load a game, the entire emulator + bezel is shrunk when in fullscreen, meaning I can see my desktop around the edges of the emulator. I can't figure out what settings I need to set in the global module settings in order to...
  10. Takaji

Virtual Boy controls in RetroArch

I can't figure out where to configure the button mapping for the second digital d-pad on the Virtual Boy controller. Mapping this d-pad to separate keys from the left d-pad is required for game such as Red Alarm. RetroArch is using the Mednafen VB core. Has anyone figured this out yet?
  11. Takaji

Updated HyperLaunch fade images

Starting a thread for this in case anyone else has the same ideas as me... I updated the Watara Supervision fade title. The old image was pretty bad quality - here is a better one. The image has a transparent background; ignore the fact that it's showing as black in the image preview. Rename...
  12. Takaji

Cannot use controller to navigate in Pause

I'm just starting out with HyperPause and find that when I access it in a game, I cannot use the directional keys on my controller (generic Steelseries 3GC USB controller) to navigate the menus. The up, down, left, right keys on my keyboard do work, however. I use JoyToKey and the D-pad buttons...
  13. Takaji

[SOLVED] One-key save/load state in MESS and MAME?

I'm wondering if anyone knows of a way to achieve one-key save-state/load-state functionality in MESS and MAME. I'm used to being able to press one key to automatically save a state into the first savestate slot, and then load the state in the same way. But with MESS and MAME, pressing one of...
  14. Takaji

Backgrounds not being used when instruction cards are enabled

Trying to use instruction cards with bezels and backgrounds in MAME - I'm using the following settings: Bezels tab: Bezels enabled, use backgrounds = true Instruction cards tab: Cards enabled, display on startup = true I've got a background image called Background - 16x9 black 19201080...
  15. Takaji

MAME and RetroArch - adding SNK Neo Geo MVS as a system

I think that the MAME and RetroArch modules should be updated to include SNK Neo Geo MVS as a supported system. I added the system name to the current MAME module in the MSystem field and it works perfectly with no further additions needed. For the RetroArch module, I think perhaps somebody...