AAE Asteroids VS Mame Asteroids

matabhaine

RL Member
I tried AAE to play my vector games but as some people here may know, AAE messes up the PC colour scheme on exit. I have been trying to get my vector games to play in Mame64 using HLSL and various ini files, but the asteroids leave long dark grey trails behind them that don't vanish which looks awful. I love Asteroids and Starwars and would really like them to look like their AAE counterparts.
I have looked all over the net for hours trying to find a solution. Tried various ini files and changed things in RL. I wondered, has anyone had any luck making vector games in MAME resemble AAE?
I am using Windows 10, I stayed with Windows 7 for years but after so much on the Emu front has become compatible with Windows 10 I decided to switch over about a month ago. AAE seems somehow incompatible, tried compatibility mode to. I even messed with AAE ini file to no avail.

Spawk

Banned
IMO AAE is no longer needed. Try to place this vector.ini in the same folder as mame.ini

You will want hlsl enabled to access the bloom scale settings to your taste.

Attachments

• vector.zip
    2.6 KB · Views: 34

Spawk

Banned
Ummm, just realized that ini is from like .174 or something so I am not sure if there have been changes to the format in newer mame versions???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk