An FYI with JoyToKey

trnzaddict

RL Member
Hey guys. Hopefully this saves people the same 2 hours it took me to figure this out.

I switched from Xpadder to JoyToKey. I made a Rocketlauncher profile to navigate Pause for my Xbone controllers. It just would not work. Upon examining the log, the profile was being loaded, but when Pause screen came up no controls worked. I would test the profile with Rlui and it worked fine.

After banging my head for a couple of hours and was ready to give up, I went into JoyToKey and changed the keyboard emulation to “Scancode”

Viola, profile works now with Pause.

I don’t know if this is bug is unique to my own set up (Win 8.1) but it seems that however Pause is coded it does not like JTK’s default keyboard emulation mode. If this can be verified on other setups, it should be added to the wiki.

mccorkled

RL Member
My main PC is down right now and I only have a Mac so I cannot run my gaming setup, but when it is fixed I will check it out. I am having the same issue. If you can help me setup my J2K please shoot me a PM. I have a few questions that I think should be simple to fix.