[SOLVED] Any Good Hypermarquee/EDS Tutorials?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mccorkled

RL Member
I recently found out about these two programs and it would be great to have them setup on my HTPC, and I would love to share a video of it all working once I get it figured out. The problem is that everyone ONLY shared videos of it all working and it seems as if there are no configuration videos/ pictorials to set it all up. Everyone on YouTube wants to show how great it is but no one shows how it was all accomplished. I watched the videos in the download section for each program but I am still a bit confused, or perhaps the language barrier/ broken English keeps me from properly understanding.

I am using the Aeon Nox XIII Hyperspin skin. I use my television as my main monitor and on the front of my HTPC is a 7" touch screen (Moncaso case for those interested) that I would like to display the SNES (or respective) system logo for the current system selected and then display the game title wheel art when hovering/ playing a particular game.

I would really appreciate the help. I am on the final days of my HS build after many years. I just spend $1100 on new components to upgrade my HTPC (64GB DDR4, 4GHz CPU, GTX980Ti GPU) with the hopes to seriously OC the components to get ready for VR/PS3/360 emulators, and finalize my build (for a few years anyhow ;) you know how it is) and I would love these finishing touches to be displayed on the front of my case.

Thanks! :D

Last edited:

djvj

Administrator
Staff member
Developer
Sounds like you got a pretty slick build going on there.

I think the only EDS guide I ever saw was on the old EDS thread from the HS forums.

mccorkled

RL Member
That is what I am going off of. Maybe I will stumble into a solution. Apparently when HS 2.0 is released it will include the option to launch multiple programs at startup so I don't know if it is worth it to fumble around with EDS.

sevenseal

hi mccorkled,

theres videos setup for both programs and each programs come with a pdf file that you can read from..... in additional to that there are picture instruction in the forum thread on HS.
kinda funny you didnt ask for help over there because i am part of the team for those program project... never seen you once ask for help over there

jeremy0203

Supporter
RL Member
That is what I am going off of. Maybe I will stumble into a solution. Apparently when HS 2.0 is released it will include the option to launch multiple programs at startup so I don't know if it is worth it to fumble around with EDS.

heheh, you made me chuckle.

mccorkled

RL Member
I watched the videos and read the pdf. I cannot figure it out. If you are available come to the HS chat. I was talking to you there the other day.

mccorkled

RL Member
@sevelseal helped me fix the problem. I did not have the config file right because in the videos MAME is the system being setup, but it doesn't matter because in HyperMarquee the paths are wildcards Z:\Hyperspin\Media\[System]\Images\Wheel\[FileName].png

I had read the part about the wildcards in the tutorial but it was not working because like I said, I do not have MAME setup and so when I went into HyperMarquee to setup a console I setup SNES but in EDS my parameters were set to...

false MAME-Marquee_Artwork "[game]" "[system]"

which would have been right had I setup MAME in HyperMarquee. But, since I setup SNES rather than MAME my config file was named...

Super Nintendo Entertainment System-Marquee_Artwork.xml

rather than...

MAME-Marquee_Artwork.xml

which didn't jive with the parameters in EDS...

false MAME-Marquee_Artwork "[game]" "[system]"

Having the config file named to...

MAME-Marquee_Artwork.xml fixed the issue. You do not need to setup each system with its own event since the wildcards put the right system/game.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.