any more news on LaunchBox being officially added ?

Knewlife

RL Member
A plugin was being worked, but the launchbox autor must update the app to store images in certain places to make easyer for RL to use those images. I will ask around a little, but the plugin must be possible to use in the next LB release.

brolly

Administrator
Developer
It will be released on the update that will be available soon, knewlife is right though the plugin will work fine, but won't be possible to fully support all artwork locations due to the extreme flexibility LB gives to this where essentially you can keep every artwork piece for each game in a completely different location.
Should work fine unless you have some kind of esoteric and confusing setup going on on your end.

Knewlife

RL Member
It will be released on the update that will be available soon, knewlife is right though the plugin will work fine, but won't be possible to fully support all artwork locations due to the extreme flexibility LB gives to this where essentially you can keep every artwork piece for each game in a completely different location.
Should work fine unless you have some kind of esoteric and confusing setup going on on your end.

Great, will check the plugin then. Hopessfully in the future, will be possible to read the custom artwork locations to fully support all setups but anything will help us make Rocketlauncher - Launchbox integration easier.

djvj

Administrator
Staff member
Developer
I don't think we will be supporting all those custom locations. It would cause RL to slow to a crawl if we did. Launchbox needs some naming and structural standardization and not definable paths for every little thing. It also needs to separate everything (db/settings) out of one file. I'm sure it was a good idea at the start, but it makes it difficult for 3rd party tools to support the FE. I dont think this was taken into account at the time. The support we will give in the plugin will be limited and might have to stay that way until the FE can support something a little more standardized.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Knewlife

RL Member
The LaunchBox plugin don't returns the games information if the path to the game is relative to LaunchBox and not absolute.

Don't know if its a problem with my setup or is general to anyone.

To fix this I replace this line:

Code:
searchStringStart := "<ApplicationPath>" . getrelativepath(frontendPath,dbPath . "\" . dbName . "." . dbExt) . "</ApplicationPath>"

With this:

Code:
searchStringStart := "<ApplicationPath>" . getrelativepath(frontendPath[B] . "\"[/B],dbPath . "\" . dbName . "." . dbExt) . "</ApplicationPath>"

Adding the ending backslash make it work at least in my end... someone with the same problem???

Last edited:

djvj

Administrator
Staff member
Developer
Ending backslash should never be a part of a return from a function. This would be a bug that it wasn't included on that line. Thanks for finding it.

Knewlife

RL Member
Just a Note: To avoid problems with Rocketlauncher + BigBox I did this and works fine:

Update RL to the last version.

In RocketlauncherUI create a new Front end in RLUI settings:
Name Launchbox, path Your bigbox.exe path (no launchbox.exe just in case), Plugins Launchbox

In RocketlauncherUI, Main Settings:
Set Hidefrontend an SUspend frontend options to True.
Restorefront end False.

In Launchbox, all your emulator CMD lines for RL have to look like this:
-f "..\..\LaunchBox\BigBox.exe" -p "LaunchBox" -s "American Laser Games" -r

Rocektlauncher takes a long time to load (compared when using with Hyperspin) because of the many checks needed to find all LB media.
During this time BigBox will operate normally (until the RL fade screen appears) because I suppose BigBox expects that the launched application take the focus and return it to Bigbox just once tha game/app as been closed. RL don't do this right away... hope there is some mode to make BIgBox "Know" when Rocketlauncher is running and act acordingly.

Knewlife

RL Member
Apparently jason gonna take a look at the issues with rocket launcher... So better wait before post on the wiki.

After some more testing I found that set Suspend frontend to True causes RocketLauncher to frezee.
It works fine whit Suspend frontend to False.
The problem is with the bezel feature, BigBox covers the backgrounds nad that looks odd.

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 520 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

kmoney2315

RL Member
With this plugin I am getting no system logo artwork showing on the fade or the pause menus and also no system logos appearing in the RLUI menus. Also no videos displaying in the pause menus. Is the plugin limited to not displaying these or maybe something wrong on my end as I don't have anything unusual like weird paths within LaunchBox?

bleasby

RocketLauncher Developer
Developer
With this plugin I am getting no system logo artwork showing on the fade or the pause menus and also no system logos appearing in the RLUI menus. Also no videos displaying in the pause menus. Is the plugin limited to not displaying these or maybe something wrong on my end as I don't have anything unusual like weird paths within LaunchBox?

Check if you have any system logo at: "LaunchBox\Images\Platforms\PlatformName\Clear Logo", where platformName should be your system name.

do the same for videos: "Launchbox\Videos\GameName.mp4" or flv

kmoney2315

RL Member
Check if you have any system logo at: "LaunchBox\Images\Platforms\PlatformName\Clear Logo", where platformName should be your system name.

do the same for videos: "Launchbox\Videos\GameName.mp4" or flv

Yes I have all that info in the correct paths that you mentioned. I tried to post my troubleshooting log here but the forum says it is too big to post. Thanks!

kmoney2315

RL Member
use pastebin to copy your log info and place a link to it here.

@bleasby I was wondering if you had a chance to look at my troubleshooting log posted above to see if it was something I was doing wrong on my end? I was looking at the log myself and where the plugin is looking for the files I have them in the correct locations and named correctly, there are just not showing up on the fade screen or Pause.

Thanks!

bleasby

RocketLauncher Developer
Developer
I hadn't the chance to check it yet because I am at a vacations trip and I don't have a LaunchBox setup with me to check it, but I will get back to you as soon as I can.

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk