Atari Lynx Handy emulato

nguerra

RL Member
I did a fresh install of RocketLauncher and I'm setting up all of the emulators from scratch again. I'm used the Handy 0.95 direct from the official download and then added the correct bios and over wrote the Handy.exe with the one from this website. When I launch from RocketLauncher, I get the error File c:\program files\microsft visual studio 10.0\vc\atlmfc\include\afxcom_.h Line 199. Now I actually still have the original Handy folder and when I point RocketLauncher to that folder on a second hard drive, it runs. however when I copy that folder to the new drive and point RocketLauncher back to that drive, I get the error again. Any ideas?

Spawk

Banned
If I had to guess, Handy stores values in your Windows system registry. So the values that are there probably point to the very first folder you ran any version from. It will use these values any time you run Handy, even when run from another location.

Click "Start Menu", then in the search box type: regedit

Navigate to the key mentioned in the Module Notes and check if any are referring to a directory other than the one you want:

Handy registry location.PNG

nguerra

RL Member
Thanks Spawk, Unfortunately I didn't see anything in the registries. This is a new C drive so any registries on the drive are all new. I moved the original Hyperspin directory to the same hard dive as the new one. I now have a "Hyperspin" and a "Hyperspin-1.5.1" directories. I also have two RocketLauncher directories identified by .new and a .org in the directory name. Both RocketLauncher directories have the same modules directories and both Hyperspin directories have the same Emulator foldesr (accomplished by copy so I know they are the same). It doesn't matter what Rocket Launcher I run, Lynx only works if I point to the emulator in the original Hyperspin directory even when both emulator folders are the same. Finally I just renamed Hyperspin to Hyperspin.org and Hyperspin-1.5.1 to Hyperspin and poof, it works. What i don't understand is where Handy is picking up a hard coded "Hyperspin" Either a module or a emulator seems to be forcing an issue to use a directory name of "HyperSpin". Not a real big deal but I did kinda like to have the version of hyperspin in the directory name in case of updates like Mame.