Can RL create a SCSI or IDE drive with Daemon Tools 10.2?

goldenegg

I'm using Daemon Tools 10.2 on my system. A problem I have with it is Kega Fusion will not see a DT type virtual drive. The mounted image must be on a IDE or SCSI virtual device for it to work.

When RL automatically mounts an image, it creates it using the DT type. Is there any way to have it mount with SCSI or IDE instead?

goldenegg

I believe my original assumption was incorrect. RL is creating a SCSI drive, but it's not the drive name Kega Fusion is looking for. So it results in Kega being unable to see the game.

DT is required for Kega when using ccd/img/sub format, which Kega doesn't natively support. Unfortunately, RetroArch doesn't seem to support that format either and I can find a way to have RetroArch use a mounted image. If you know a better way (without reformatting all my images), I'd appreciate the information.

So now I need to figure out the device name as Kega would see it. The part that makes this tough is that it's not possible to access Kega's drive selection pull-down while it's full screen. Disabling full screen ends up having RL completely quit the emulator altogether.

Last edited:

brolly

Administrator
Developer
You should have cue files to go alongside those, if you load the cue instead of the ccd on Fusion it should work. I don't use ccd sets though.