CD32 & CDTV Help with PUAE Core Retroarch

mccorkled

RL Member
I have two different configs setup named Commodore Amiga CD32.cfg, and Commodore CDTV.cfg. I like to use different configs per system to I can specify directories such as /saves/Commodore CDTV, /states/Commodore CDTV, and even system/Commodore CDTV. This make it much easier when looking for my save games across 70+ systems or fiddling with various bios files. Over the years I've had no problems with this method.

I have my CD32 games and CDTV games launching fine outside of RA, but when I launch via RLauncher only CD32 works. When I try to launch a CDTV game RA thinks it's a regular Amiga game. If I go into the options under quick menu> options > system and change the system from automatic to CDTV then my CDTV games work via RLauncher, but when launching a CD32 game it then thinks it's the wrong system. Rightfully so.

Is there something I am missing here? The automatic option seems to be working properly through RA, but not when launching through RLauncher.

CD32 Successful Launch

CDTV Failed Launch

Thank you

agent47

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
RL Member
If they both launch fine from RA then the module is to blame. That shouldn't be a surprise considering how outdated that module is.

mccorkled

RL Member
If they both launch fine from RA then the module is to blame. That shouldn't be a surprise considering how outdated that module is.

Unfortunately since nothing is updated anymore, and I don't know how to write AHK, I have to make do with what I can. I added the ability to use PUAE in RA by just copying the Commodore line and changing it to Commodore Amiga CD32 and Commodore CDTV.

mccorkled

RL Member
Turning on attach system name under the 7z setting in RLUI seems to have fixed the issue.

Last edited:

Flostingyeti

RL Member
I can offer an easier solution to this issue.

Sometimes cores that support multiple systems will have a good autodetect option but in this case PUAE needs some extra help.

I assume you have CD32 and CDTV games in separate folders

Launch a CD32 game from RetroArch

If you go to Quick Menu -> Options -> Manage Core Options->Content Directory Options

This will create a configuration file to manage only the games in your CD32 folder

Now you are not limited to selecting autodetect options and can select CD32 in the system model option

Launch a CDTV game from RetroArch and repeat the process

Beyond having a separate configuration for any folder, you can also Manage Core Options-> Save Game Option

This allows you to save separate configurations at a per-game level.

This method can be applied to any core and give you the ability to fine-tune the options per system/folder/individual game.

Flostingyeti

RL Member
so who has a working module lol ?
Add to module sections:

MSystem := ["Commodore Amiga CD32","Commodore Amiga CDTV"

mTypeVar:="

Commodore Amiga CD32|LibRetro_PUAE|puae_libretro
Commodore Amiga CDTV|LibRetro_PUAE|puae_libretro

The PUAE core has very good automatic detection options, but you can specify the CD32 or CDTV model settings.

Quick Menu -> Options -> Manage Core Options->Content Directory Options (save separate RA core option settings)

CD32 and CDTV roms must be in separate directories.