Cursor issues on exit of GameEx

kroton181

Supporter
RL Member
I have started to test GameEx with RocketLauncher and with a bit of effort they work pretty well together. BUT and there's always a but. If I have hide cursor set in Rocketlauncher UI, which works perfectly for HyperSpin of course, when I run and then eventually exit GameEx, the cursor stays hidden.

The only way I have found to rectify this, is to then try and run HyperSpin (luckily I have this pinned to the taskbar and I can navigate to it even without a visible cursor) and then when I exit HS the cursor has returned. With hide cursor set to false in RLUI this issue does not occur.

Also GameEx has a feature where you can launch a game and then by pressing F10 you go back to the FrontEnd where you can check the game manual etc (like Pause) either RetroArch or RocketLauncher hates this. So I'm turning that feature off.

Just thought I'd let you know what I've found so far.

djvj

Administrator
Staff member
Developer
I don't see how Hide_Cursor has anything to do with what FE you use. They are mutually exclusive. Post your log when you say it doesn't return. Look it over as well and you will see at the bottom where RL restores it.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

kroton181

Supporter
RL Member
You were right of course djvj, it was the "inGame" feature of GameEx that was causing dx9 errors and not allowing RL to close properly. I thought I had disabled it, but it actually takes a lot of work to turn it off.

Notes for those interested. Don't use the same global exit keys in GameEx that you use in RL. I can't believe I made such a rookie mistake. Also important, under Input Settings, if you are using an XBox controller set the Guide Button mode to "does nothing". Regardless, under "Emulator setting", for any system that will be run with RL set "MapKeys" to NO and set "InGame Mode" to disabled. The few systems I have setup in GameEx are now running very well and without issue.

djvj

Administrator
Staff member
Developer
That's an awesome find kroton. Please if you can, post your findings on the GameEx section of the wiki. Make a setup or notes section if one does not exist. This is really important info that we can't have get lost.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk