development project for banner view In Kodi

sevenseal

hi,
just getting some ideas from the community of what are their favorite view style or skin when using banners view using KODI for the purpose of viewing gaming systems and rom. banner view would enlightening the wheel artwork that have been utilized in hyperspin; imo looking at artwork triggers flashback memories better than the text displayed.

Banner View are mostly seen for TV library
tvdb.com scrapper
tvdb_chuck-300x197.jpg
or Anime Library
anidb.net scraper
screenshot002.jpg
if you have seen them in KODi.

the goal is to pick 1 or 2 centre skin then integrate a banner view mode for RCB OR AVD. launcher.

so please share your opinions and ideas of style?

Sevenseal

Last edited:

billyc666

RL Member
screenshot 2 looks great with the box art and fanart not sure about the banners style at the bottom right
what size are the banners in the image?

Last edited:

sevenseal

screenshot 2 looks great with the box art and fanart not sure about the banners style at the bottom right
what size are the banners in the image?

those are just example from the scrapers plugins from the author webpage, i am not really sure of the size of the banners in anidb's screenshot but what i am attempting to do is make a custom style windows that will use the hyperspin wheelart as banners
in horizontal
in vertical

align in the center, left or right, bottom or top

just gathering ideas

some example i like are seen in this skin
SexyCirrus Expanded

sevenseal

Mr Black Arm

RL Member
Sexy Cirrus Expanded is an awesome looking mod. Not sure of its functionality yet, but it looks great. Its the first skin I saw when I decided to move my collection over to XBMC.

billyc666

RL Member
@sevenseal do you know how to make rub's default skin 1080p, I'm just editing the skin , and can't figure this bit out
any help appreciated

billyc666

RL Member
@billyc666 on what skin is your model base that you are modding from and what version of kodi 14 or 15?

im using confulance skin with the deault skin in rom collection browser and im having to use gotham at the moment as rcb seems to have a few probs with kodi

all sorted except the 1080 part, so I may edit another skin. just gotta get some design ideas

how you getting on with your project?

Last edited: