[SOLVED] Exiting Emulator with xbox360 controller and JoyToKey

Status
Not open for further replies.

bitcrusher

OK so my xbox 360 controller doesn't manage hyperspin so well so I use JoyToKey and it works a treat. Well impressed.... BUT... how do I get it so I have to hold down or press a succession of buttons on my joypad to exit a game. I don't want to make it too easy to exit so that it could happen by accident. I've found the "exit emulator" section in RocketLauncher but it doesn't seem to do anything. Ideally I'd just like to hold down select key to exit from the current game I'm playing and return to Hyperspin. I'd be so grateful if someone could tell me how to manage this. :shakehands:

bitcrusher

Re: Exiting Emulator HELP NEEDED

In case anyone has similar problem I finally found a solution posted by a guy on here last year. Here is his solution:

Hi! One way to do what you want is:
* In Options (the last joystick tab), press "Configure Button Alias (Mapping)"
* Select in the left for example button 15 (or any button that does not exist physically in your controller).
* Trigger when the following button is pressed: "Back" button number
* Only trigger when...: "Start" button number
* Then in the profiles, associate button 15 (or the one you chose) with escape.

However, I would recommend sending escape when "start" is pressed for more than 500 ms (or any time period you choose).. I use it that way and it works very well on all systems. You can do this when defining the Start button for a controller:
* Go to "Keyboard 2" Tab
* On column one, press the key associated with Start (e.g. "Enter")
* On column two, press esc
Then select "Switch depending on how long the button is pressed"

I hope this helps! If you plan on using JoyToKey a lot, I made a tool that can help you with making the config files for each system: http://www.rlauncher.com/forum/showt...Key-Excel-Tool

Regards!

djvj

Administrator
Staff member
Developer
Re: Exiting Emulator HELP NEEDED

Thank you for the descriptive response on your issue. I'm sure it will help others!

Status
Not open for further replies.