eXoDOS - 7z - Checking if this archive has already been extracted

grendulic

Hi all, I downloaded and configured eXoDOS v6 games to run in RL and HS, but I'm experiencing a strange issue.

The problem is with extracting the games in .zip format - if there is already a game (any game) extracted in my "extract path" folder, another game won't extract and run.
If I empty my "extract path" folder, any game that I try will extract and run successfully.

I tried everything that I can think of (changing the extract path, checking all other paths with games and config files for DOSBox and RL, .ahk files, antivirus and firewall programs, etc.).
This is not my first time doing so, I already had HDD's and systems with eXODOS (v4 and v5) and everything worked fine.

Here is the screenshot of my log file:
1705143304288.png

Here is the full log:

I would appreciate any type of tips and help, as this is driving me crazy for days :)

Thanks!

Last edited:

grendulic

Use my new module for eXo sets.
I managed to setup an emulator with your module (eXo.ahk) and it works, I can run DOS games.
However, some features are missing:
  • Global emu settings cannot be configured for DOSBox in RL (fullscreen, resolution, aspect ratio, scaler, etc.)
  • Each game needs to be installed and configured manually (when running for the first time)
  • Games are not being extracted upon run; extract path cannot be set
In r0man0's module "DOSBox(eXoDos 6.0 & eXoWin 2.0).ahk" all those features works, but I'm experiencing the issue I reported above.

Are you planning to add these features in future releases maybe to your module?
Thanks for you effort for making the module!

tonesmalone

RL Member
No. Those features aren’t missing, the module works as intended. My module is designed to work natively with the eXo sets. It runs the scripts in the packs and launches with the included emulators. eXoDOS in particular uses many different emulators, and 3/4 different versions of dosbox for each game. Most other modules just force use of a particular version of dosbox which loses many of the benefits of the sets.

I suggest contacting r0man0 if you need support with that module.