Future Pinball: OpenGL Error For One Table (I believe)

LochavenManor

One of the last systems to set up in my arcade is Future Pinball. I'm having an issue with an OpenGL error, and I am curious if anyone knows why. It is happening only on Medieval Madness. Admittedly I haven't tested all of the tables in my collection yet, but a rather extensive sampling suggests it is just MM.

I had been getting "There was an error waiting for the window "ahk_class FuturePinballOpenGL" on a few tables here and there.
  • I updated the the OpenGL drivers for my video card
  • I reinstalled/updated the .net framework
  • I reinstalled Future Pinball and BAM per some very detailed tutorials from George H.
  • I adjusted various settings in FP, BAM, and RL in dozens of combinations to see what might work
It seems like I have made all of the errors go away with the current settings. Except Medieval Madness.

So I acquired new .fpt tables / ROMs for several iterations of the machine, to no avail.

The funny thing is, the game still runs. Future Pinball loads in the background. The module times out after like 30 seconds, throws the OpenGL error up, and closes down RL. But then when RL closes, Future Pinball is active, and I can play it just fine.

And it is only Medieval Madness. I can't figure out what the module is waiting for, when it says there is an error waiting for the window "ahk_class FuturePinballOpenGL". Every other table (that I can tell) opens just fine with the same module, the same installation of RL, the same emulator settings.

The module I am using is pasted here: https://pastebin.com/MmzUmtP6 . The offending code seems to be in the vicinity of lines 74 - 88.

My troubleshooting log is pasted here: https://pastebin.com/dsNPQGEy . It is a very verbose full troubleshooting log. The meat of what appears to be stalling is around line 1400, and the error is thrown at line 1473.

This is such a popular game (the actual EM/SS game itself) that what I suspect (but can't confirm) is that along the way, some enhancements have been made to the ROM, like physics or something. Something that offends the OpenGL driver, but only on this game that has been successively enhanced over the years. If so, if someone knows what I need to install/update that would be very helpful. Or maybe the module can be tweaked so it works for MM but also doesn't crash the other tables that already work?

Wasn't sure where to put this question. The pinball forum might not know RL modules well enough. I figured since it was something happening in the module (I believe) I would post it here. Hopefully this question has made sense.

Thanks,
Brian