Gam3B0x - Home Emulation Console

SkyHighGam3r

RL Member
Hey everyone.

Today I want to show you the latest iteration of Gam3B0x. My home emulation console that is setup to play everything from Pong to X1/PS4 level games. (Before you bark at me, not EVERYTHING requires emulation. HyperSpin is INCREDIBLY versatile.)

For those of you who aren't aware of my project(s) I focus on consoles, not arcade cabinets. Being born in '88 I missed the arcade boom by just a hair, and was raised on NES & Genesis.

My project here is a love-letter to the gaming setups of the 90's. I played on a 13" CRT/VCR combo from the NES in 1990, through the X360 in 2007. I intend to inject as much TV Static, Scanlines, CRT Curve, VCR Blue Screen, and Channel 3 as I can.

Now, for the good stuff! Below you will find a video that showcases the overall functionality of Gam3B0x. I made this video for audiences that aren't familiar with our scene, so forgive me if I 'over-explain' some aspects.

I also show myself playing XBOX, Xbox 360, PS3, & Xbox One games (PS4's Shadow of Mordor didn't play nice with OBS :( ).

If you're wondering how that all works, I explain the process while playing Forza Horizon 3 near the end of the video.

Please let me know what you think, any/all feedback is more than welcome.

Most people I know in real life don't even understand why I would spend so much time working on this lol but I know you guys do.

Last edited by a moderator:

bleasby

RocketLauncher Developer
Developer
That is a nice setup man!!!
I will probably do the same thing with the current gen games.