GameCards : Backgrounds for RocketLauncher - Beta Test (Soon available)

soft-bug

RL Member
GameCards : Backgrounds for RocketLauncher

Hi,

GameCards.exe is a little tool that helps you add or update backgrounds into RocketLauncher.

Based on GameCards images package, now you can have a dedicated HyperPause background.

* Requierements :
-------------------------

Fully compatible with HyperSpin + RocketLauncher or KodiBox v7, v8 installation

* Installation :
--------------------

Place the GameCards.exe tool into a folder like \GameCards for example

Golden Rules :

- Under the GameCards tool, each system Folder must be declared : \Sega Genesis or \SNK Neo Geo
- The name of the folders must be the same declared into HyperSpin XML systems (Main Menu.xml). If not declared, the GameCards will be ignored.
- GameCards must be added into the System Folder
- Gamecards are jpg files and EACH PICTURE NAME = ROM NAME into XML HyperSPin system database
- XML HyperSpin database must be unicode (UTF-8) (the tool correct some HTML tags that cause errors regarding to the standard XML structure definition)

Capture.PNG

Here a GameCards : (1920 x 1080)

638954CrusaderofCentyUSA.jpg

Here into HyperPause :

c4c9d9838b.jpg

30104820150912192125.jpg

* Use :
-----------

Launch GameCards.exe by double clic

*** HyperSpin configuration :
-----------------------------

a) RocketLauncher Folder asked :

Select your RocketLauncher installation folder like : \HyperSpin\RocketLauncher

b) HyperSpin Databases XML Folder asked :

Select your HyperSpin Databases folder like : \HyperSpin\Databases

*** KodiBox configuration :
------------------------

a) RocketLauncher Folder asked :

Select your RocketLauncher installation folder like : \KodiBox\RocketLauncher

b) HyperSpin Databases XML Folder asked :

Select your HyperSpin Databases folder like : \KodiBox\Databases

* Results :
---------------

Each GameCards will be placed under Media\Backgrounds\<system name>\<game name>\Background 1.jpg of RocketLauncher
The GameCard will be displayed when you will use the HyperPause menu for the related game
A log file history (GameCards.log) indicates (Modified) if changes appears, new GameCards (Added) or (Skipped) because the GameCards is not found into the database system XML file
Just launch GameCards.exe again to update your RocketLauncher backgrounds, when you have added or modified GameCards
The GameCards.ini stores the configuration paths to bypass first launch questions

* Download links :
---------------------

Choose EN (English description) or FR (French description) tree ...

The current EN path contains Genesis and Snes GameCards. Approx 1500 cards ( 60 % completed), but you can make you own cards, pictures, fanarts ....

https://mega.nz/#F!VNYiwSoA!OBvwhv8oonpR2IHFz8VXdg

Have FUN !!!

Last edited:

Ninja2bseen

RL Member
Thought so and makes this even better. It needs to drop just a tab so you can see more of the description. Nice job on that setting

I'm hopefully going to look at the other Genesis cards, not all of them had matching names but it's nearly done. Then our main man agreed to do other systems with me, yay

Tapatalk signature

soft-bug

RL Member
Hi,

The GameCards tool + GameCards are now available !

I've edited the FIRST post to give you all informations.

Ninja2bseen

RL Member
Re: GameCards : Backgrounds for RocketLauncher

So the tool creates the background now and automatically overlays things? Will you be doing any more systems? The Genesis and snes are sick

Tapatalk signature

bobmoo79

RL Member
Any news on this??
It looks great but it would be good to get some more of the most used systems included.

Ninja2bseen

RL Member

The download is there for the tool yes but I can't figure out how to create new systems :-(

Tapatalk signature

soft-bug

RL Member
Hi,

Well, glad to see some interest for this Project. Indeed, i currently use differents tools to provide such system package ... but the tool used is not stable, i must correct some data using text editors !! Therefore not really "user friendly" to provide an automated process.
It's why i try to find a solution for the GameCard creation. I have currently several ways : A Python Program or Php integration into our ScreenScraper to automate the GameCards, and finally an AHK integration but based on my unstable tools !

Ninja2bsee : MainWhile i can propose :

- Give me the artwork you want me to set up as the new system for GameCards.
- If SOMEONE want to complete the current systems (SNES and Genesis) missing datas, i can give you the GoogleSheet Access. By this way i can generate at will the added GameCards descriptions ...

For the moment, the GameCards are the matches between HyperSpin XML and Game Info file for a named system.

For what i see, if a complete system can be provided (descriptions, nb players ...) ... using HyperFreeSoft we can generate a new Game Info with all informations required for RL and HyperSpin..

Well, i sware to generate all new GameCards , but i do not have myself the time to take care about English ones ... i have already 2000 french GameCards in my bag !!! ;)

Ninja2bseen

RL Member

Wowza. Thanks. My wife just had another baby so I won't be on as frequent as before for a few weeks. I'll try and send you the artwork like I had before on the next desired system. I'll send you the xml as well

For the finding missing... What specifically do you need again? I created that automated excel spreadsheet that spits out the correct naming convention. Happy to help with this awesome sauce

Tapatalk signature

soft-bug

RL Member
Hi Ninja2bseen !

I hope all is ok for your new born baby :lollypop:

Well, it's simple :

- For the missing informations on the current systems done : i provide access to the googlesheet to anybody wants to complete it. Then i just generate the new added cards.
- For a new system : just give me your artwork and XML like the first two systems already done

Regards from Paris ...

Ninja2bseen

RL Member

Are you premium at hyperspin? If so you could use hyper sync to get all of the media. Anyhow so adding the box art to the mega site above is what you would like me to do?