[SOLVED] GUI to Control Hyperspin Main Menu

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fromlostdays

Supporter
RL Member
I'm operating under the assumption that Hyperspin and Hyperlaunch now use different xmls for their systems list.*

So I posted this on the HS forum here, but the more I thought about it, the more I think it could be viable addition to HyperLaunch itself. The idea is that like me, you may want to use HyperlaunchHQ itself as a front end, while also maintaining the front end of your choice. The benefit is that HLHQ doesn't use menus driven by media etc, so for systems that may not be supported by your front end, HLHQ is a great alternative with a uniform look (I mean making a logo and a little icon can't be too hard, compared to making wheels vids etc).

Ultimately, personally, I want to set up every system I possibly can in Hyperlaunch but not necessarily in my main front end. I'm moving, with the help of Craiganderson, into more obscure systems, etc. But I don't necessarily want to display those systems in Hyperspin. Anyway I just thought it would be cool to have HL be able to essentially control what displayed on your main menu xmls for various front ends. I don't know if all front ends use an XML like Hyperspin's, but it's just a suggestion.

I know it's probably better to handle this particular task on the front end side, and it can't be too difficult to make a third party app to do it, but I think it also might have a place in Hyperlaunch.

Thanks for reading,

Walter

Last edited:

brolly

Administrator
Developer
Re: GUI to Control System List XMLS

I'm not exactly sure what you're asking here, you can already add and delete systems to HLHQ or HS through HLHQ depending on the frontend plugin you have currently enabled.

Fromlostdays

Supporter
RL Member
Re: GUI to Control System List XMLS

It turns out, like it so often does, that this is a failure on my part. There is already a program that'll rearrange/delete items off the main menu Hyperspin XML. Works perfectly. Ultimately I was asking if part of the toolset of this program couldn't/shouldn't be added to HyperLaunch. In my head it could have been a little check box next to the systems in HyperLaunchHQ or something for maximum laziness.

http://www.hyperspin-fe.com/forum/s...perspin-and-Hyperpause-Hyperlaunch-media-help

Since this is really a hyperspin issue, moving to the Hyperspin forum and making as solved.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.