House of the Dead 3 for PC - Autostarter.

Turranius

Supporter
RL Member
Small and useless. Just what I like =)

Code:
Autostarter for House of the Dead 3 for PC.

Install: Copy the HotD_3_AutoStart.exe file (that is all you need) to the root of your House of the Dead 3 folder where hod3launch.exe is already located.
The .au3 file is the source for Autoit 3+ if you want to check it or compile it yourself. The .ico is just the icon used for the executable when it was compiled.

Why? By default, you need to start House of the Dead 3 with the Launcher (hod3launch.exe) and clicking on "Play".
This little program does that for you.

How? Well, it starts hod3launch.exe and waits for the window to pop up. It then moves it to 0,0 (top left corner of the screen).
It then checks the size of the window (so it works in different resolutions) and moves the mouse cursor to the exact middle of it, which just happens
to be the "Play" button. 
Then it left clicks and the game starts.

Note for HyperLaunch users. 
If you've added HOTD3 to PC Games, you should set "AppWaitExe" to "hod3pc.exe" as that is actually what the launcher starts.
The best ExitMethod seems to be "Process Close AppWaitExe"
The HOTD3 Launcher window does not like to be sent commands in the background, so it will open "Always on top", even over Fade screens. Bleh.

Also available on the FTP in my signature.

Attachments

• HotD_3_AutoStart.zip
    820.8 KB · Views: 804
Last edited:

StyleMaster

RL Member
Hello i tried out your file and in first i tested it to launch through rocketlauncher and it worked
in hyperspin i got the annoying launcher message
tried it again through rocketlauncher then after it worked in hyperspin

now it doesnt work it all even in rocketlauncher & if i double click the auto start file i get the annoying launcher message
this is drivin me nuts