I Give up!! Someone please explain how to get Xpadder to work with 2 players!

sonicjihad

RL Member
Hi Everybody,

Since a while there are some issues I have with Xpadder. Player 1 and player 2 controls are constantly switched back and forth in RL, hyperspin and the games. If I enter MAME for example player 1 joystick is player 1, Player 2 joystick is player 2. If I exit, Player 2 joystick is player 1 and player 1 joystick is player 1 or 2 it depends on the mood of the PC I guess?
Other times there is a different mix on which is what. So I tried, but cant figure it out. Is there a simple video tutorial how to setup 2 player Xpadder in Rocketlauncher, so it works (global setting) ? I'm not looking for game or system specific setting, just the global setup, so it works properly.

The Arcade stick (street fighter) Is the player 1 controller and contains the p1 Xpadder file
The Controller (XBOX360 for Windows) Is the player 2 controller and contains the p2 Xpadder file

Is there something i'm missing?

xpadder.PNGxpadder.PNG

ci2own

RL Member
Re: I Give up!! Someone please explane how to get Xpadder tow rok with 2 players!

Hi Everybody,

Since a while there are some issues I have with Xpadder. Player 1 and player 2 controls are constantly switched back and forth in RL, hyperspin and the games. If I enter MAME for example player 1 joystick is player 1, Player 2 joystick is player 2. If I exit, Player 2 joystick is player 1 and player 1 joystick is player 1 or 2 it depends on the mood of the PC I guess?
Other times there is a different mix on which is what. So I tried, but cant figure it out. Is there a simple video tutorial how to setup 2 player Xpadder in Rocketlauncher, so it works (global setting) ? I'm not looking for game or system specific setting, just the global setup, so it works properly.

The Arcade stick (street fighter) Is the player 1 controller and contains the p1 Xpadder file
The Controller (XBOX360 for Windows) Is the player 2 controller and contains the p2 Xpadder file

View attachment 1923View attachment 1923

What you mean with "switched"?

Do you mean creating profiles with RL?

You have to take care when creating profiles in RL selecting the right profile corresponding to right joystick.

tkropp17

Re: I Give up!! Someone please explane how to get Xpadder tow rok with 2 players!

I'm having this EXACT same problem. Does anyone have a solution? Or where did I go wrong in the setup?

SupraKarma

Supporter
RL Member
I do all of my keymapping with Xpadder independent of RLauncher, never bothered to learn how to make use of RLauncher's keymapping functionality.

If you have Xpadder handle everything, all you have to do is turn on/plug in controller 1, start Xpadder, then turn on/plug in controllers 2, 3, and 4. Everything will work fine until one of the controllers becomes unplugged or turned off, from there, you should turn off/unplug all of the controllers, shut down xpadder, and restart the whole process.

It's an issue with Xpadder. It's controller ID recognition sucks, particularly for Xbox 360 controllers - it won't let you differentiate the order they appear (it will with other gamepads). It groups them all into the same field in the settings when you try to change them.

I've contacted the developer about it and he offered me a refund rather than a fix.

tkropp17

Thanks for the reply. I think the last part is helpful about the ID recognition. I've had hyperspin working fine for 5 years with one set of profiles. The issue is RL swapping profiles and IDs getting changed at the same time. I may try joytokey. Thanks both for the info, glad I'm not the only one!

lsudolemite

To second some of the other responses, if you want to set up multiple controller types, I'd go with joy2key. Honestly, in my (admittedly limited) experience with joy2key and xpadder, the only thing that really recommends xpadder is the graphical controller layout for some of the more advanced mappings. And if you just want to keep track of button layouts, that's nothing you can't do with a phone camera and 10 minutes in MS Paint.

IMO joy2key profiles are much more intuitive, with multiple joysticks configured and saved to the same profile from the same window, whereas xpadder uses this confusing tab layout where each connected controller corresponds to a different profile, and it can be easy to save changes to the wrong profile.

wderbi

RL Member
Hi Everybody,

View attachment 1923View attachment 1923

Thank you! Thank You!! THANK YOU!!! :top:

I thought I was the only one!!! I have been having this same darn issue with two PS3 controllers (seen as Xbox controllers in Win 7)...I set up a profile for controller 1 and a different one for controller 2---everything maps correctly while Xpadder window is open. I close program, launch game, and guess what---no control for controller1, but magically controller 2 functions as controller 1. I edit the profile under the keymapper tab in RLUI, and see that controller #1 is now "dummy" and #2 has the map set for controller #1. And like you, I have tried over and over with various combinations and methods (ie setting up P1 and P2, setting both controllers under the same P1 or P2 profile, setting a P1 and a P3, new XPAD PS3 profiles that differ from each other (using a different template for each!), etc...; however, one controller would not work or they switched P1 with "dummy" no matter what I tried! It is really weird that I could not find a comprehensive guide to setting up Xpadder for two player control and tonight, I decided to give up and purchase a license for JoytoKey. I decided by chance to just for a last gasp to try the RL forum to see if there was some sort of guide before I started with JtK (just in case I am doing something wrong!), and I see your post!!!

Your post and the others in this thread has made me feel much better about my failures with this program!!!:idea:

mccorkled

RL Member
Happens to me too. Sometimes the profiles don't even load. It's unfortunate that we all paid for Xpadder because it is clearly garbage.

RZWX

i'm having the same issue ,funny thing when i start joytokey with my hyperspin profile ,on hyperspin everythings ok ,so then i load up rocketlauncherUI and notepad and try typing in notepad (wasd) with joystick offcourse nothing shows ,so it seems somethings wrong with rockertlauncher

tonesmalone

RL Member
Joytokey works fine. Post logs and that will identify the issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

mccorkled

RL Member
i'm having the same issue ,funny thing when i start joytokey with my hyperspin profile ,on hyperspin everythings ok ,so then i load up rocketlauncherUI and notepad and try typing in notepad (wasd) with joystick offcourse nothing shows ,so it seems somethings wrong with rockertlauncher

Dude.... I tried to get Xpadder to work properly for over 5 years. Abandon that garbage that's no longer developed and with a locked down forum and get Joy2key. I was reluctant to switch and I spent the $7 and got everything working right in about 5 minutes. Haven't had any problems since. I wish I deleted Xpadder sooner.