Instruction cards in Nulldc

Potts43

RL Member
Hi I've been designing some instruction cards for the dreamcast but it appears that when visible they are being drawn under the emulator screen rather than above it. I can see the parts of it that are larger than the game screen but everything under it is hidden.

Is this fixable or just the way this emulator works?

rfancella

Super Moderator
Supporter
RL Member
Hi I've been designing some instruction cards for the dreamcast but it appears that when visible they are being drawn under the emulator screen rather than above it. I can see the parts of it that are larger than the game screen but everything under it is hidden.

Is this fixable or just the way this emulator works?

There is an "Always On Top" option in the Module settings. Try turning it to Off??

Thanks,
Ron

Potts43

RL Member
There is an "Always On Top" option in the Module settings. Try turning it to Off??

Thanks,
Ron

Hmmm interesting! Will give that a try.
I saw that you were trying out vmu bezels in another post. Do you know how to create these memory cards in nulldc?

rfancella

Super Moderator
Supporter
RL Member
Hmmm interesting! Will give that a try.
I saw that you were trying out vmu bezels in another post. Do you know how to create these memory cards in nulldc?

This is how I have mine setup:
Launch the emulator outside HyperSpin and HyperLaunchHQ.
Go to Options -> Select Plugins. Hit OK.
Down near the bottom is the Maple Plugins.
Select the Port A tab.
In the first dropdown choose PuruPuru Dreamcast Controller. Has a great graphical mapping setup.
In the second dropdown, choose NullDC VMU Logitech friendly version.
If you want to setup a second controller or more, follow the steps above. ;)
Hit OK.

Now, when a game is launched, the file will be created. The first time you try to access the VMU, it will ask if you want to format it.

Easy peasy.

Thanks,
Ron

Potts43

RL Member

Thanks,
Ron

Nope turning it off made no difference...the emulator is above the instruction card with bits peeping out where it's bigger...

Potts43

RL Member
Managed to swap the files today...still IC are under the main screen...I'm going to spend a few hours messing with the module settings.

Potts43

RL Member
For info...
I have found that if you turn off no console in the nulldc module then the instruction cards will display above the emulator screen. However the IC visibility key wouldn't function but the next IC did work. I'm sure the module no console isn't supposed to work this way.