[SOLVED] JoyToKey Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

mccorkled

RL Member
Since I can never get a reply for Xpadder issues, and everyone seems to be using JoyToKey now, I thought I would purchase a license and give it a try. I am having 3 small problems which has kept me from using JoyToKey in the past.

I am using an Xbox One gamepad and I like to have hold start for 2 seconds open Pause. I have a Frontend profile, a RL profile for navigating Pause, and a _Default profile which I have set start (button 8) to "numpad ."

In RLUI I set the Pause activation key to hold 2000 and captured key "numpad ."

Profiles seem to be working because I can navigate Hyperspin and the Pause menu but I have to use the keyboard to open Pause. When I set the Pause activation button to just a single press in RLUI, I can then use the controller to open Pause. It is ONLY when any hold time is added in RLUI that I cannot use the gamepad.

Here are the logs.
https://pastebin.com/SqHZLdgh
https://pastebin.com/pfDs3XjG

Secondly, I would like to set my controls up so that when I hold start plus select for 2 seconds the emulator closes. I had this setup in Xpadder, but Xpadder has a really hard time when more than one controller is connected which is why I made the switch. Does anyone have this setup?

Lastly, no matter how many times I go to settings> preferences and change Start JoyToKey minimized it never saves. All of the other options in the settings menu save. I am having to constantly click to Hyperspin or the emulator to get JoyToKey to go to the back.

Thank you.

Last edited:

Pegafun

RL Member
Just one advice. Don't mix Xpadder and JoyToKey profiles in RocketLauncher. It is known that the use of both programs in RL at the same time (one for the frontend plus system A, and the other for system B) causes problems.

Regarding yor question, I am so sorry to say that I do not use JoyToKey.

Spawk

Banned
Hey Mccorkled,

Those two actions can be mapped directly to joypads right in RLUI. No need for JTK or Xpadder at all.

2r39ksz.jpg

mccorkled

RL Member
Ok, I figured this out. For some reason hold times for me are not working at all in RLUI

To get hold select + start for 2 seconds to exit the game to I work:
- In RLUI set exit emulator to "~esc"
- In JoyToKey under Options> Button Mapping, set button 11 to trigger when button 7 (select) + button 8 (start) are pressed. Then under Edit Button Assignment> Keyboard 2> Switch depending on how long the button is pressed = 2000. Then under Keyboard Emulation 2 select the first box and hit escape.

To get hold start for 2 seconds to open Pause:
- In RLUI set open Pause to "~numpad+"
- In JoyToKey select the start button, Edit Button Assignment> Keyboard 2> Switch depending on how long the button is pressed = 2000. Then under Keyboard Emulation 2 select the first box and hit numpad+.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.