LaunchBox Frontend

Bil

Hi

I am using the LaunchBox frontend - http://www.launchbox-app.com and have been trying to get RocketLauncher to work with it.

What I have done is to add LaunchBox as a frontend on the RLUI/frontends tab, and used RLUI for the plugin(s).

In LaunchBox I have RocketLauncher.exe as the emulator to launch, with the command line -s "systemname" -r. LaunchBox then adds the rompath/romfile. I cannot add a command after this, such as -f frontendpath, so I believe this is the problem.

Is there a way I can still use RL, maybe with a batch file?

Last edited:

bleasby

RocketLauncher Developer
Developer
I had no idea that lauchBox even existed. It seams nice.

You could add the -f and the -p arguments before the system and rompath lines if launchbox allows it:

Code:
-f C:\LaunchBox\LaunchBox.exe -p RocketLauncherUI -s "systemname" -r

If launchbox does not allow you to add extra frontend command line, you surely could use a bat file or a AHK script for sending this extra info.
It looks like the project 64 settings explained on this page http://www.launchbox-app.com/forum/emulation/command-line-parameters-arguments does exactly that.

I can't say exactly how this bat file would look as I don't have launch box installed, but its output of it should be something like that:
Code:
C:\RocketLauncher\RocketLauncher.exe -s Nintendo Entertainment System -r Adventure Island (USA) -f C:\LaunchBox\LaunchBox.exe -p RocketLauncherUI

Bil

Adding the -f and -p arguments before the -s and -r arguments in LaunchBox worked. Thanks :D

djvj

Administrator
Staff member
Developer
For future reference, this should work:
I have RocketLauncher in D:\RocketLauncher
Also LaunchBox was installed to D:\LaunchBox

NES system has parameter set to this: Nintendo Entertainment System (NES) -p LaunchBox -f "D:\LaunchBox\LaunchBox.exe" -s "Nintendo Entertainment System" -r
Atari 7800 has parameter set to this: Atari 7800 -p LaunchBox -f "D:\LaunchBox\LaunchBox.exe" -s "Atari 7800" -r

Next version of RL will default to the RLUI plugin when one does not exist for your FE, so for now you can point the plugin to RocketLauncherUI.

Attachments

• launchbox.png
    launchbox.png
    23.5 KB · Views: 310
Last edited:

Fromlostdays

Supporter
RL Member
If you create a new front end profile, where would rocketlaucher look for a system xml? I get the error "can't find systemname.xml in

/databases/systemname. (this doesn't tell me which directory its actually looking in.)

I tried putting a database in rlui/datatbases and in launchbox/databases.

Maybe I should back up. I created a new front end profile for launchbox, used rlui as plugin etc. I then added snes to it, and told it to create a database, which it did, named correctly and I think put it in launchbox/databases/snes. The command lines posted above got me past the errors on Launcbox side, but at launch RL gives me homer simpson and asks for the above xml in /databses/ even if its in both directories listed above.

Thanks!

gsaccy

Did you ever find a proper solution as my system has just started doing this (after the upgrade to latest launch box)?

Best I managed was a symbolic link to hyperspins database but this is surely not the true solution

Last edited: