Launching Kodi from the main wheel.

androtaz04

RL Member
Does anyone have a guid to launch koi from the main system wheel. Right now I can do it from hyperspin but not rocket launcher so my exit key doesn't work and i can't ask to remap controls.

djvj

Administrator
Staff member
Developer
Don't see why this wouldn't work unless you were not supplying the right CLI to RL. Check the error RL gives you and that the LI is correct and you have that system setup in RLUI.

mrhappydude

I would like some assistance with this as well.

I want to Launch KODI only for Music and that's it. but want escape to close it and go back to hyperspin.

Suhrvivor

RL Member
How to Launch Kodi from HyperSpin main wheel. Step by step.

This is what I did to make it work:

1. First you must Add KODI to HyperSpin using HyperHQ. Make sure you add it as a executable.

2. Open RocketLauncher UI, (You should see KODI as one of the systems). Go to the RocketLauncherUI tab and uncheck Valid Emulator/modules Only.

3. Select Kodi from the Systems list and go to the Emulators tab. On Default Emulator, select PCLauncher [Global] from the list. If the list is empty it's because you skipped step 2.
(Optional: After finishing step 3, go back to RocketLauncherUI tab and check Valid Emulator/modules Only to it's original state).

4. Now you have to tell the PC launcher module where Kodi is, to do that, go to folder RocketLauncher\Modules\PCLauncher , Open PClauncher.ini with notepad and add the following:

[KODI]
Application=C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\Kodi.exe

Save changes and it's done, It should be working now.

jeremy0203

Supporter
RL Member
It is no different than any other application based program/game, don't see the need for tutorials on something so simple.