LEDBlinky and System Name setting

ronmcfeaters

Supporter
RL Member
I'm having a weird issue with LEDBlinky and Hyperspin. When it comes to launching CPS I,II,III or SNK Neo Game MAME games, at first load, for any of these systems, any game I pick lights up all 8 of my buttons and starts announcing them as "Button 1, Button 2, ....and so on".

If I press a button to skip this, it takes about 2 seconds, then realizes it's getting a "MAME" system name, then loads the rom correctly and displays the proper buttons/colors. Then in the wheels, the proper colors are loaded as well as I highlight the games. I have to do this one time for any game in any CPS system, and the SNK.

My actual MAME wheel, Sega Naomi, Sega Model 2, works the first time, every time, even from demoing the wheel colors.

Under Global Settings, I'm mapped to my LEDBlinky.exe, and under Settings, Enabled is set to ALL. For the 4 problem child systems, I have MAME entered under the System Name.

I've noticed in the LEDBlinky debug.log and the Hyperspin log say that at first the system name isn't MAME but "Capcom Play System" but when I skip that initial description of the buttons, all of a sudden system name switches to "MAME" and it knows the buttons.

Any insight would be appreciated.

bleasby

RocketLauncher Developer
Developer
I don't know anything about Ledblink, but maybe you have it enabled on both HyperSpin and RocketLauncher at the same time causing multiple ledblink commands to be sent.
Just try to disable ledblink on hyperspin and let it enabled only on RL and see if that makes any difference.

ronmcfeaters

Supporter
RL Member
That seems to fix it, but with ledblinky disabled on hyperspin, now lesblinky doesnt start until I start a game, and no demoing of controls between games in the wheel. Guess I just have to accept a little weirdness. Thanks for the help.

Last edited: