Mamehooker and Bezel Conflict with Visible MAME Title Bar

scoodidabop

RL Member
When using Metalzoics bezel pack the MAME title bar/window is visible on top of the background and under the trim graphic (pictured below!. This is only occuring when using MAMEHOOKER and on Windows 10. My Windows 8.1 laptop does not seem to be affected in the same way. Killing MAMEHOOKER eliminates the mame title bar issue, with RL placing the title bar properly behind the bezel background. Non-background style bezels work ok, so at some point the title bar is being pulled above the background presumably by MAMEHOOKER's hooking.

I've tried various combinations of admin launch, compatibility modes and RL settings. RL settings (with logging OFF, just in case!) tested include FADE on/off, Bezel Fullscreen modes, Emulator Hide on/off and maybe a few others. Any ideas?

sml.jpg

scoodidabop

RL Member
[General]
AlertOnNewOutput=0
SpeakNewOutput=0
AddNewOutputsToDefaultINI=0
SpeakNewOutput=1
MAMEPath=F:\HyperSpin\Emulators\MAME229\
MAMEExe=mame.exe

[KeyStates]
KeyHookAlwaysActive=0

[OtherEmus]
TitleBarHook=0

Pacifikballa

RL Member
[General]
AlertOnNewOutput=0
SpeakNewOutput=0
AddNewOutputsToDefaultINI=0
SpeakNewOutput=1
MAMEPath=F:\HyperSpin\Emulators\MAME229\
MAMEExe=mame.exe

[KeyStates]
KeyHookAlwaysActive=0

[OtherEmus]
TitleBarHook=0
Here…try this:

[General]
AlertOnNewOutput=1
SpeakNewOutput=1
AddNewOutputsToDefaultINI=1
SpeakNewOutput=1
[KeyStates]
KeyHookAlwaysActive=1
[OtherEmus]
TitleBarHook=0

scoodidabop

RL Member
Tried to open the script editor, richtx32.otx was missing. Corrected the missing file so script editor works but the bezel thing is still happening.

scoodidabop

RL Member
The bezel issue isn’t related to MH.
Oh my flippin gosh! Well you've solved it with the previous post actually. For whatever reason AddNewOutputsToDefaultINI=1 is the savior here. I don't want the speech or alerts so those are set to 0. Keyhook set to 1 right now as well, not sure if that's helping but now that it's working I'm leaving it alone.

Pacifikballa

RL Member
Oh my flippin gosh! Well you've solved it with the previous post actually. For whatever reason AddNewOutputsToDefaultINI=1 is the savior here. I don't want the speech or alerts so those are set to 0. Keyhook set to 1 right now as well, not sure if that's helping but now that it's working I'm leaving it alone.

Make a backup…and your welcome 🤗