More 7z Options

slashin8r

RL Member
I have customized my 7z.ahk file to my own personal preference, but I thought that the changes I made could be added as settings within the RL UI.

1) Option to show (hidden by default) the 7z command prompt to watch the extraction progress.
2) When Delete Temporary is set to false, the 7z command line script should not overwrite files, but instead skip the files since they are already extracted (-aos vs -aoa).
3) When Attach System Name is set to true or the rom file is located deep inside a folder structure, the 7zCleanUp process does not remove the correct folder. Easily fixed by adding sevenZRomPath as a global variable to the 7zCleanUp function and using that variable to remove the correct directory.

agent47

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
RL Member
There won't be anything added to RLUI for a while. Brolly is the only one with the source and he has been dealing with some personal issues, no ETA on his return.

Unless I'm misunderstanding #1 that seems unnecessary since there's an option to display the extraction progress on the fade in. I don't use the settings related to #2 or #3 so so can't comment on those.

aorin1

RL Member
I remember using the 7zip function from RL in the past and when I set "delete temporary" to false, it didn't need to extract the game again, it just loaded it right away.
If something changed from that time I can't tell.