[SOLVED] No Default Emulator found

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bondage

RL Member
Hey I get this message when i try to start a game in LaunchBox No Default_Emulater found in "G:\Front Ends\RocketLaunccher\Settings\Sega Genesis\Emulators.ini" Please set one so RocketLauncher knows what module to use.
First time useing both LunchBox and RocketLauncher have watch a couple of videos on both setups but I don't know whats wrong can anyone help thanks.

agent47

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
RL Member
That usually means you haven't selected an emulator for Genesis in RocketLauncherUI. Open RLUI, select Sega Genesis from the system list, click the Emulators tab, and set the Default Emulator to the one you want to use. You'll also want to make sure you set the path to that emulator by selecting Global from the system list, clicking the Emulators tab, and double clicking the emulator you're using to verify that path is correct.

Bondage

RL Member
Hey I click on RLUI select Genesis Click on Emulators tab but there is nothing filled in yet I have never used Rocketlauncher be4. The Current Emulator list for Selected System: is empty

Last edited:

Bondage

RL Member
But when I click on GLOBAL the list of emulators shows up what do I do next? I think i might have work it out I reinstalled rocketlauncher I forgot to do a step I let you know more as I go along

Last edited:

Bondage

RL Member
I set MAME as the default emulator and I set the roms path but the path to MAME says doesn't exist what do i change it to?

agent47

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
RL Member
Did you set the path to MAME on the GLOBAL -> Emulators tab like I mentioned earlier? I'm only guessing that's what you mean because you didn't post an exact error message or a troubleshooting log.

The typical workflow for adding an emulator is:

-Download the emulator
-Make sure you're able to run games through the emulator directly 1st.
-Set the path to where your emulator is on the GLOBAL -> Emulators tab.
-Set your rom path and set the emulator as the Default Emulator for that system.
-Read the module notes for that emulator. That will tell you any bios files and other settings you need to set in the emulator and/or in RLUI.
-Try running a game through RLUI.

Any error messages are usually very descriptive and obvious as to the root of the problem and/or how to fix it. If you still can't get it working set your Logging Level to Troubleshooting on the Main Settings -> RocketLauncher tab in RLUI then run a game. This will generate a RocketLauncher.log file in your RocketLauncher folder. You can check that file for more info or post it here with as detailed a response as you can provide about what the problem is and what you've tried.

Status
Not open for further replies.