[SOLVED] No Default_Emulator found

Status
Not open for further replies.

bb_neo

RL Member
Hi,

i got the error that I have not specified an Emu for a system. This happens when I launch games from HS. Launching games from RLUI works fine. I am sure I did set an emu in RLUI and even verified the ini file.

In my log below I tested the 3DO system but I also got the same error on other systems.
I do not think I edited some options. This happened suddenly and probably after my last RL update.

I am the only having this?

Code:
23:58:20:590 | RL |     INFO  | +0     | CheckFile - Checking if Z:\RocketLauncher\RocketLauncher.exe exists
23:58:20:592 | RL |     INFO  | +0     | Main - HyperSpin.exe coordinates are x448 y156 w1024 h768
23:58:20:592 | RL |     INFO  | +0     | CheckFile - Checking if Z:\RocketLauncher\Plugins\HyperSpin.plugin exists
23:58:20:592 | RL |     INFO  | +0     | Main - Loading Front End Plugin: "HyperSpin"
23:58:20:592 | RL |     INFO  | +0     | Main - RocketLauncher received "Flashback - The Quest for Identity (USA)." and "Panasonic 3DO"
23:58:20:592 | RL |  WARNING  | +0     | CreateNewIni - Z:\RocketLauncher\Settings\Flashback - The Quest for Identity (USA).\Games.ini file not found, creating a new one.
23:58:20:592 | RL |  WARNING  | +0     | CreateNewIni - Z:\RocketLauncher\Settings\Flashback - The Quest for Identity (USA).\Emulators.ini file not found, creating a new one.
23:58:20:592 | RL |  WARNING  | +0     | CreateNewIni - Z:\RocketLauncher\Settings\Flashback - The Quest for Identity (USA).\RocketLauncher.ini file not found, creating a new one.
23:58:20:592 | RL |     INFO  | +0     | Main - Did not find a "Z:\RocketLauncher\Settings\Flashback - The Quest for Identity (USA).\Game Options.ini" file, skipping any game-specific options.
23:58:20:592 | RL |  WARNING  | +0     | RIniReadCheck - Created missing RocketLauncher ini key: "Default_Emulator" in section: "Roms" in "Z:\RocketLauncher\Settings\Flashback - The Quest for Identity (USA).\Emulators.ini"
23:58:29:032 | RL |    ERROR  | +8437  | No Default_Emulator found in "Z:\RocketLauncher\Settings\Flashback - The Quest for Identity (USA).\Emulators.ini" Please set one so RocketLauncher knows what module to use.
23:58:29:032 | RL |     INFO  | +0     | ExitScript - Started
23:58:29:270 | RL |     INFO  | +235   | SystemCursor - Restoring mouse cursor
23:58:29:277 | RL |     INFO  | +0     | ExitScript - Ended

bb_neo

RL Member
Nope.

Here is my Emulators.ini file found here: Z:\RocketLauncher\Settings\Panasonic 3DO\

Code:
[ROMS]
Default_Emulator=FourDO
Rom_Path=..\GAMES\Panasonic 3DO

Games.ini is empty so no alternative emu used.

djvj

Administrator
Staff member
Developer
Your HS settings are messed up. You are using RL legacy CLI and HS is sending a period on the rom name. You have a mismatch of HS 1.3 and HS 1.4 settings you are using.

bb_neo

RL Member
Oh great. No idea how this happened.

Here is my HS settings for 3DO system:
Code:
[exe info]
path=Z:\RocketLauncher\
rompath=
userompath=true
exe=RocketLauncher.exe
romextension=
parameters="Panasonic 3DO" -f "Z:\HYPERSPIN\HyperSpin.exe" -p "HyperSpin"
searchsubfolders=false
pcgame=false
winstate=NORMAL
hyperlaunch=false

Something wrong with this? I have to be honest that I do not understand what those parameter do. As you said it looks messed up. How should it be?

bb_neo

RL Member
That is right. I am missing -r and -s switches. I added them manually and the game started. In this case it was Flashback for 3DO.

All this is supposed to run automatically. I remember using your RL Transition and I choose to stay with 1.3. Then last week used the tool again to finally upgrade to HS1.4+. Since then I have this issue. Did not noticed any error during the upgrade process. Any idea how I can get this to work again? I tried to run the tools again but nothing gets renamed nor updated.

I would prefer not to go for a clean install...

EDIT: I looked for a solution in the RL Wiki and found this:
Code:
Open your HyperHq (located on the same folder that your HyperSpin install), go to the wheel settings tab and for every system that you want to use RocketLauncher to launch your games make sure that the execution option is set to "HyperLaunch".

I changed the system from normal to HyperLaunch and it solved my problem. Now I just have to do the same to all the systems. Also -r and -s switches in the settings ini file are still missing but as long as it works I am happy.

Last edited:

djvj

Administrator
Staff member
Developer
I did not design the tool to be ran multiple times. It can work, but not without a hiccup or 2. When you transition anything, you typically do it once. When you upgrade a program, you can't upgrade it twice unless you reverted your changes. This is the same idea.

You chose to stick with HS1.3 at first. If you then decide to go 1.4, you have to revert everything and do the transition again, or manually fix your HS settings. There is just not enough time or desire to design tools for every scenario.

Refer to the wiki like you have done to figure out what needs to be changed to fix all your systems.

brolly

Administrator
Developer
If you kept your original HS settings files before the transition you should also be able to replace the current ones with those and you should be good.

bb_neo

RL Member
Thanks brolly for the reminder! Yeah I did a back before the transition. Totally forgot that. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.