Nostalgia 5.0 (Intellivision) error in Rocketlauncher/Hyperspin

drjea2010

Hey all...you were such great help with my last issue I thought I'd try again.

I grew up having a Mattel Intellivision. Thought it would be fun to add to my cabinet (computer running Windows XP). I've read a TON and am stuck. Here's where I am:

I've tried BOTH Nostalgia 5.0 and 4.0. Both emulators work fine on their own, outside RL/HS and games can be loaded and played. The issue is when I try to launch a game through Rocket Launcher games tab OR in the Hyperspin wheel. First, I get a windows popup that says "Unable to load game from file." Then after I clear that out, I get the blue box from RL/HS that says "There was an error waiting for the window 'ahk_class NostalgiaGameClass'. Please check you have the correct version emulator installed for this module...." (you all know the rest. Then, the Nostalgia 5.0 interface itself opens up. I suppose I could just run it like this, but it defeats the purpose of all the fun displays, videos, artwork, customizability and ease of access having it in RL/HS.

I've triple checked every conceivable setting. I'm at a loss.

I don't know if it has something to do with the game file names (I used Don's Hyperspin tools to rename them all to the appropriate HS ready file names) or something else with the AHK that I still have yet to learn. My hunch is it is something simple, but I'm at a loss. Hoping someone here can help.

(Additional note....I had a prior issue with Nestopia working for NES and never could get it to work, so started using Retroarch for NES without issue. The same line of thought, I tried using "Mess" for Intellivision and, first...what a....mess....Mess is. Confusing and above my pay grade, but I got it figured out, though when I went to load a game the screen went black and then would flicker ever-so randomly with a flash of color. Even with the proper setup there, I couldn't get anything to load in Mess. I'm really hoping the Nostalgia fix is an easy one).

Thanks in advance for your help!

Happy new year!