OpenMSX Module command line -diska parameter mystery

Ronny

RL Member
I'm a newby, so please forgive me if this is posted in the wrong section.

I am using the OpenMSX module with lots of games without issue. However, some .dsk roms end on the basic propt (or hit bit preloader thingy).
Using the commandline outside rocketlauncher on the dos prompt, the command that correctly starts these troublesome MSX1 .dsk roms without problems is:
openmsx.exe -machine Sony_HB-F1 -ext Sony_HBD-F1 -diska "gamename.dsk"

The module description sais:
Floppy Drive Extensions: Sony_HBD-F1 ;can also be attached to a machine using "-ext Sony_HB-501P"and then -diska cli can be used

Unfortunately, this does not seem to work or I don't understand it. In RocketLauncherUI the -diska setting doesn't seem to exist in the System Specific Module settings for a rom. I tried directly editing the Microsoft MSX.ini with the following:

[gamename]
Machine =Sony_HB-F1
ExtensionCart=Sony_HBD-F1

==> ends in the Sony_HB-F1 HitBit screen

[gamename]
Machine ="Sony_HB-F1 -ext Sony_HBD-F1 -diska"

==>emulator doesn't start

[gamename]
Machine ="-ext Sony_HB-501P -diska"

[gamename]
Machine =Sony_HB-F1 -ext Sony_HBD-F1 -diska

[gamename]
Machine = Sony_HB-F1
ExtensionCart=Sony_HBD-F1
Parameters = -diska

Anyone have any idea how I can get the -diska "gamename.dsk" option to work in rocketlauncher?

brolly

Administrator
Developer
diska is automatically added by the module when you run a disk game, you don't need to add it.

Ronny

RL Member
diska is automatically added by the module when you run a disk game, you don't need to add it.
Thanks for clarifying that. In that case maybe the module documentations should be adjusted.
I realized there was another difference with the commandline: the .dsk rom is zipped as well. I tested using the unzipped rom => works. Then I thought maybe there was a bug using zipped .dsk roms. Then I saw that I forgot the 7z setting for the MSX settings... oops!
:facepalm:
It all works fine now. Thanks a lot for the help!