Option to select emulator at start?

DnK

Hi,
Is there any way to configure RocketLauncher to enable the option to select waht emulator do you want to use launching it by a a frontend?
In my case, i use Hyperspin and my objective if can be, is to do a system with 2 emulators.

1º Standalone Emulator
2º RetroArch + Core

Anyone have this implemented? In Rlauncher is easy to change it, but how I do this with Hyperspin that he ask me what i want to emulator run

Sorry for me english and thanks for read it, and more if you reply

Flostingyeti

RL Member
I can't think of any easy way but you could create two separate Hyperspin wheels.

I did this only for PCSX2 standalone and RetroArch core.

I have a PS2 wheel and a PS2 (RetroArch) each with a different main menu themes and logo.

The most complicated way would be Rom Mapping which could bring up a submenu listing the game twice (one for each emulator). That would be a long complicated process because you would have to create renamed duplicates of every rom and add them to the database then create an ini.

Last edited:

agent47

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
RL Member
If you want to specify a different emulator for RL to use you should look at the alternate emulator feature. The only reason to use a different emulator is because one performs better for certain games. In this case, the retroarch cores, especially with PS2, are way worse than the standalone emulators.

Aside from that, I don't think anyone would want to select an emulator upon launch. If you want to do that for whatever reason you could by writing a script and point HS to that script instead of launching RL.

Since you mentioned that English isn't your best language, if you can't understand my response or would rather have one in your native language please respond and let me know what your native language is. I will attempt to have someone that speaks it translate for you. Best of luck.

Flostingyeti

RL Member
I think you misunderstood the question. He wants the option to select one of two emulators when launching the game.

Dnk might be implying that he understands the alternate emulator feature.

You are correct. Ps2 on RetroArch is way worse than standalone. We are in total agreement. Our shared opinion on ps2 core is not relevant to the question being asked but the example I provided might be a useful suggestion.

Last edited:

agent47

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
RL Member
I think you misunderstood the question. He wants the option to select one of two emulators when launching the game.

Dnk might be implying that he understands the alternate emulator feature.

You are correct. Ps2 on RetroArch is way worse than standalone. We are in total agreement. Our shared opinion on ps2 core is not relevant to the question being asked but the example I provided might be a useful suggestion.
I may be misunderstanding, then.

When you launch a game, there is no option to choose an emulator. If you want that option you would need to write a batch script from HS or write AHK using RL user functions. It can be done but nobody has ever asked for this and nobody would want this option.