Pause Icon

ctindell1981

Hi, I want to replace the Pause icon that appears in the top left corner when pause is activated with the pause icon that is used in RLUI. I have tried googling, using a screenshot and removing the area around the icon(it is just way too fuzzy though), using a resource editor to find the icon in RLUI's exe, I have checked a few DLLs like rocketlauncher.dll and have come up empty handed and of course searched within all of the rocketlauncher directory. So, I am on here hoping maybe somebody could help me out. I know it seems insignificant or even pointless to some, but this is a finishing touch that I would love to add to my setup

To be specific I want to replace this
Pause.png
with this
Capture.PNG

Last edited:

Enkak

RL Member
Hi, I want to replace the Pause icon that appears in the top left corner when pause is activated with the pause icon that is used in RLUI. I have tried googling, using a screenshot and removing the area around the icon(it is just way too fuzzy though), using a resource editor to find the icon in RLUI's exe, I have checked a few DLLs like rocketlauncher.dll and have come up empty handed and of course searched within all of the rocketlauncher directory. So, I am on here hoping maybe somebody could help me out. I know it seems insignificant or even pointless to some, but this is a finishing touch that I would love to add to my setup

To be specific I want to replace this
View attachment 3255
with this
View attachment 3254

Try this:

First backup original Pause.png located in: RocketLauncher\Media\Menu Images\Pause\Icons

Then add the file attached here.
Pause.png

I also added a print screen for you to see the result.
Pause menu.jpg

Hope this helps, cheers.

ctindell1981

Hey mate, thank you for your help. If you dont mind me asking, did you remove the border from the image I uploaded or did you manage to find the actual asset that RLUI uses? I really truly appreciate your assistance in the matter. If you happen to know where the assets are stored, could you point me in the right direction, please? Thank you once again!

Enkak

RL Member
Hey mate, thank you for your help. If you dont mind me asking, did you remove the border from the image I uploaded or did you manage to find the actual asset that RLUI uses? I really truly appreciate your assistance in the matter. If you happen to know where the assets are stored, could you point me in the right direction, please? Thank you once again!

I removed the border from the RLUI image you uploaded. Then edited a little the original Pause.png canvas space for the icon to be positioned a little more down inside pause menu compared to the original. No problem. :)

ctindell1981

Excellent, I tried using resource hacker 64 bit, all it found was the executable's icon. What would you suggest I use? Is ResourceExtract by nirsoft any good? Thanks for your assistance

tonesmalone

RL Member
Either will work, it?s the same resource they are pulling from the exe.

Either that, or just recreate the image.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

ctindell1981

I used ResourceExtract and it didn't find what I am looking for. I am pulling my hair out over this one. I am not a rookie to tracking down resources, but this has me stumped. Using screenshot makes for an ugly and jagged image and I am not even close to being decent at recreating images using Gimp (no PS)... so I am trying to get to the source yet its eluding me like a woman, lol.

Update: I used a different resource extractor called "EXEinfor PE" that found the resources I need. Funny, I used your (nearly) exact wording to find a better extractor by searching "embedded resource extractor" and found this tool.
To anyone interested, here it is.
Pause.png

Last edited:

mccorkled

RL Member
I used ResourceExtract and it didn't find what I am looking for. I am pulling my hair out over this one. I am not a rookie to tracking down resources, but this has me stumped. Using screenshot makes for an ugly and jagged image and I am not even close to being decent at recreating images using Gimp (no PS)... so I am trying to get to the source yet its eluding me like a woman, lol.

Update: I used a different resource extractor called "EXEinfor PE" that found the resources I need. Funny, I used your (nearly) exact wording to find a better extractor by searching "embedded resource extractor" and found this tool.
To anyone interested, here it is.
View attachment 3258

Please share a screenshot of this in action on your setup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk