[SOLVED] Pause with Hold Function

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cannasteve

RL Member
Hello i want to know why when i check the Hold option box for Pause Activation Key, then i click on capture , a weird code appear in it sometimes? like that (in this picture i try to use = key with a 1400 hold time)Sans titre.jpg

and that doesn't work when its the right key. For me it's "P" key, hold time i let it blank so it's the defaut time...

In my RL log : pauseKey = H:p so it's seem to be OK, but doesn't work in my emulator (retroarch fo example)

i must precise i have Xpadder keymapper with the good button assigned to "P" key. :D,The "P" key is not assigned anywhere in Retroarch.

The button related on my arcade panel is usually assigned to COIN in MAME or Select in many emulators like retroarch

So this why in want an hold time, start PAUSE when i want just add coins in Mame is boring.

Sorry for my poor english i hope you understand me :p

djvj

Administrator
Staff member
Developer
brolly, I get this too randomly when setting a hotkey. Sometimes its the first time I create a new key only, then it works after that. It is not just one key that does this, it's any key, even just setting a simply hotkey, no holding or anything.

brolly

Administrator
Developer
Virtual key codes should only appear when you press special keys. So seeing a vk code when you press the = key is normal, it would only be an issue if you start seeing these codes when pressing regular keys like a,b,c,etc.
It was bleasby who made the capture key script btw, I think it relies on the AHK's KeyHistory window.

djvj

Administrator
Staff member
Developer
Yea i see it for normal keys as well. I just click to capture again and it works right. Not really a nuisance, just I noticed it.

Cannasteve

RL Member
OKay for the code it's a small bug with special key, but i don't understand when i hold the "P" key directly on my Keyboard 1 sec start perfectly PAUSE and into PAUSE it close perfectly in the same way.

It's seem to be a call issue with Xpadder with the hold function.
i have no idea for solve my problem but i have seen advanced settings in XPADDER apparently there is some options like hold zone etc (in way to replace the hold function in RLui and set an simple key press instead) i tried it without results.

i feel idiot for this problem:stupido3:

Cannasteve

RL Member
Finally Problem Solved with Xpadder i had a Hold Zone for my key and simple hotkey on RLUI like in this picture
Sans titre.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.