PCSX2 Auto Temp File Creator

newoski

Supporter
RL Member
Hi Guys,

First, I realize that this isn't the appropriate place for this thread, but since it's the most likely place people will be looking, I'm starting the conversation here. Mods, please relocate as necessary

I've been working on a way to automate temp file creation for PCSX2 gzip files.

Right now, I have it created and working -- loads game, waits 5 minutes, closes emulator and loads next game. It might be possible to auto move to the next file, as soon as the temp file is created using WatchDirectory AHK functions, but that's beyond me

1. Copy the text below and paste it into a new text file

FileSelectFolder, WhichFolder ; Ask the user to pick a folder.
Loop, %WhichFolder%\*.gz*
{
Run, PATH-TO-PCSX2\pcsx2.exe "%A_LoopFileFullPath%"
Sleep, 300000
Process, Close, pcsx2.exe
}
return

2. Replace PATH-TO-PCSX2 with your emulator directory path.
3. Save As and change the extension to .ahk
4. Run the AHK and point it to your PS2 rom directory with .gz files

Still a WIP, but if anyone has any improvements or issues, let me know

Last edited:

SupraKarma

Supporter
RL Member
This is genius, I can't believe you didn't get more thanks for this.

I will say that 5 minutes is a bit overkill, personally I think 90 seconds per game is perfect. But otherwise, I had 700+ games I had to go through, and now I can let it do it's thing overnight. Thank you sir.

Last edited:

kh83

This is a great idea. However, it launches pcsx2, but no temp files are created. I am running this on Windows 10 with autohotkey installed. any ideas?
thanks

newoski

Supporter
RL Member
This is a great idea. However, it launches pcsx2, but no temp files are created. I am running this on Windows 10 with autohotkey installed. any ideas?
thanks
I don't use 10, so can't help, sorry

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

newoski

Supporter
RL Member
thanks

Actually, what happens if you do the process manually? Does the temp file get created? The whole point of the script is simply to batch opening and closing games in PCSX2, if I remember correctly. Thus, if it works when you do it manually it should work via script. if it doesn't work manually in Windows 10 then it won't work via script.

kh83

I got it running. Restarted my laptop and it worked perfectly. Thank You very much for this.