pdf dpi

cID67

RL Member
I would like to suggest the default dpi setting for pdf files in be increased from 72 dpi to 150dpi in hyperpause. I have found in many cases 72dpi makes manuals unreadable. also, I would like to suggest the new retroarch module be updated to include the very high gfx compatibility setting and the n64 3 point filtering for the mupen64plus core. I tried updating the retroarch module to include these but didn't have success.

zerojay

RL Member
also, I would like to suggest the new retroarch module be updated to include the very high gfx compatibility setting and the n64 3 point filtering for the mupen64plus core. I tried updating the retroarch module to include these but didn't have success.

I'll see what I can do for you here.

EDIT: 3 point filtering is already in the module. I've added the veryhigh gfx option as you asked: http://www.hyperlaunch.net/forum/showthread.php?251-RetroArch-Module&p=3965&viewfull=1#post3965

Last edited:

djvj

Administrator
Staff member
Developer
Retroarch change added on v2.2.0 of the module.

Bleasby would have to chime in on the dpi, I think that the higher you go, the longer wait you have to load HP when using higher settings.

brolly

Administrator
Developer
I think that the higher you go, the longer wait you have to load HP when using higher settings.
Yep, this is correct, not such a big problem now since the manuals can be converted on the fly while reading them.

bleasby

RocketLauncher Developer
Developer
The higher the pdf dpi value, the bigger the file size and the pdf page creation time.

I made this as an option to allow anyone to change to whatever you feel it is better.

However I still think that the default value should be kept at the lower level, as it should work most of the time, and it requires less from the user machines.

cID67

RL Member
fair enough. I was just thinking since most people should be able to run 150 just fine it would make most peoples default experience with hyper pause better given 72 dpi makes most of the manuals i have encountered unreadable. just my two cents though since it is adjustable. thanks.