Playing random Intro videos

StyleMaster

RL Member
Could you guys make a update to allow playing random Intro videos when starting a frontend

I tried downloading some apps but suddenly it stopped working

alcoatjez

Supporter
RL Member
I think this would not be something for RocketLauncher to support, since it would be different for every frontend. Which frontend are you using?

StyleMaster

RL Member
Hyperspin , I had an app randomizer but it stopped working all of sudden
I don't know any other program out there that does the job so I tried asking here

agent47

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
RL Member
Yeah, that's not something RL could really support since it is only run when a game is launched from the frontend and has no idea when the frontend closes. It should be handled by the frontend natively, or in the case of developmentally dead HS, an app/script on startup or shutdown.

Since nothing has changed with HS and probably not the randomizer app either I would try a reinstall of the app and make sure the video directory isn't read only since the app likely just picks a random video and copies/renames it. Otherwise you would be better off posting on HS and specifically the thread for the app.

If all else fails you could write a script to do it since it's pretty trivial. I wrote one back in the day when I was still using HS.

agent47

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
RL Member
Did you bother trying any of what I said to? If it is some sort of write permissions issue a script won't work either.

I already have a long to-do list of projects as it is and I decided years ago to stop working on anything specific to HS or sharing anything I do there. So I have no intentions on doing a script for this especially since there are already apps to do it that apparently work.

StyleMaster

RL Member
yes i already went to hyperspin forum before asking , i also tried some one else his .exe but after back & forth i think he gave up lol
on my laptop this randomizer works even the map is read only
It must be some thing preventing from it to work proper
thats why i directly asked it
so if you plz have some sort of script id like to try

agent47

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
RL Member
I trashed all of my HS specific scripts/apps when I dropped HS many years ago so I don't have one and have no intentions of writing one.