RadKade Projections

lamuelwms

RL Member
For any followers of the old website you might have remembered that it said we are expecting a release in March; this still holds true. We now have a new lease on a new domain and have gotten the basic framework of a website up and running, so if you'd like to see RadKade in all its humble glory please visit: htp://www.radkade-fe.com/ As I said, we are fully expecting a release in March of this year and are in the final stages of development of RadKade LITE (which will be released prior to the full fledged front end.) Also note; this is not your typical frontend as we are not flash shockwave driven, image animation; we are all about obtaining and displaying data (because we are information nerds.) Once again if you would like to see our site and help mold the frontend please visit http://www.radkade-fe.com/

Thanks!

empardopo

For any followers of the old website you might have remembered that it said we are expecting a release in March; this still holds true. We now have a new lease on a new domain and have gotten the basic framework of a website up and running, so if you'd like to see RadKade in all its humble glory please visit: htp://www.radkade-fe.com/ As I said, we are fully expecting a release in March of this year and are in the final stages of development of RadKade LITE (which will be released prior to the full fledged front end.) Also note; this is not your typical frontend as we are not flash shockwave driven, image animation; we are all about obtaining and displaying data (because we are information nerds.) Once again if you would like to see our site and help mold the frontend please visit http://www.radkade-fe.com/

Thanks!

It will be this project free?
I've just test a beta and I don't get work fine the search of game!

Thanks!

lamuelwms

RL Member
@empardopo. Oh yeah it is free; in fact we HATE apps that require a charge, to go one step further it will be open source. If somehow you managed to get your hands on the old RadKade please note that it is no longer supported; as we are moving in a new community / information driven direction. We don't want our frontend to be viewed as a clone; therefore we are cooking up something not quite seen before. By the way guys, thanks for the nice messages; means a lot to us!

empardopo

@empardopo. Oh yeah it is free; in fact we HATE apps that require a charge, to go one step further it will be open source. If somehow you managed to get your hands on the old RadKade please note that it is no longer supported; as we are moving in a new community / information driven direction. We don't want our frontend to be viewed as a clone; therefore we are cooking up something not quite seen before. By the way guys, thanks for the nice messages; means a lot to us!

Oh Perfect!! Free and open source!! I wait impatiently.
Greetings!

lamuelwms

RL Member
FYI: Rad-Kade.com will be down for the next 24-48 hours while our host GoDaddy (YUCK) switch us over to a higher speed server; the current server was okay but database queries were taking forever and PING to the website was taking over 8000ms which I don't consider acceptable at all. I have been personally promised that once it has been transferred that all will be returned to normal (hopefully so). Just giving a heads up.

[EDIT] The main problem came when I was trying to create a centralized container on the host to have RadKade communicate with it directly; due to the fact that we were on shared hosting running a backend application was not possible. However, we have moved to a Tier 1 dedicated Linux server which will resolve this issue.

djvj

Administrator
Staff member
Developer
Lamuel, we are pretty much experiencing the same thing as well. How much is your rate going up for that and what package did you get? It's like they do that on purpose to force you to upgrade.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

lamuelwms

RL Member
Lamuel, we are pretty much experiencing the same thing as well. How much is your rate going up for that and what package did you get? It's like they do that on purpose to force you to upgrade.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Out the door it costed us $172 to get setup, but our payments allegedly are only going to be $130 a month (which sounds like a lot, but I also plan on using the server to handle some of my outside business to offset the cost.) Yeah, who knows it all could have been a ploy with GoDaddy to get us to force upgrade; I was kind of torn because the have about 50/50% reviews, but at the time (like so many others) I had to get into bed with them simply because they were the cheapest to get up and running as opposed to other hosts.

timmyb

RL Member
I don't mean to butt in BUT what sort of server are you needing? Go daddy should be used for domain registration only. You can get a top of the line dedicated server that is going to be overkill for any-sort of file-server or web-hosting @ 130$ a month.

lamuelwms

RL Member
I don't mean to butt in BUT what sort of server are you needing? Go daddy should be used for domain registration only. You can get a top of the line dedicated server that is going to be overkill for any-sort of file-server or web-hosting @ 130$ a month.

Please tell me more, where might this be? I am open to suggestions.

lamuelwms

RL Member
neat, that does look very promising and the price is right on the money. i am going to look at some customer reviews over the next few days and make a decision; but so far this is the best that i have seen. thanks for that info buddy; honestly i am just piss sick of godaddy.

dustind900

Supporter
RL Member
GoDaddy hates women, Nerds, and now dogs too. You shouldn't support sites like that.

Sorry couldn't help myself

I can't wait till March!!!!

lamuelwms

RL Member
GoDaddy hates women, Nerds, and now dogs too. You shouldn't support sites like that.

Sorry couldn't help myself

I can't wait till March!!!!

AAAAAAAHHHHH! I see what you did there, well played sir, well played! Yeah, I can't wait either to be honest. I think I should point out that RadKade is designed to be a simple frontend I cannot overstate that fact enough; almost to the point of plug and play. Themes are minimal at best, as it is its own encoded system and frankly put while other frontends are very nice when it comes to my arcade I want something that feels like an arcade, looks like an arcade and plays like an arcade; it will be a very niche community; but hey its open source so go nuts!

dustind900

Supporter
RL Member
The new direction you've taken with RadKade is exactly what I'm looking for in a frontend... Info, info and more info. What can I say I'm an info junkie.

lamuelwms

RL Member
Well yeah to me that is something that has been missing in frontends is an abundance of information. Whether you use our desktop backend or our actual frontend I plan on displaying this information in a nice setting that will appeal to enthusiast and avid collectors (RadKade is not for people who want a million jiggling graphics or unrelated wheel sounds.) As a matter of fact I have decided not to build in a scraper but would rather link back to the toolset you are creating (as it is pointless for me to recreate something that is/was already done right the first time.) I know a lot of new frontends are popping up all over the place these days, and they are really nice (one of the nicest I have seen thus far is AttractMode.) However, none fit me and my needs; they are either too bulky, too reliant on artwork (at a fee of course) or just meh'. That is not to say that RadKade will be the all encompassing perfect system as that is bullcrap, I'm sure it will have it's downfalls but like I said its made for the completionist in all of us (myself included.) I know one of the most prudent gripes about RadKade will be the themes, but in our opinion tuff, I would rather have snapshots, cart art and wheel art displayed and highlight the games description, genre, etc as the focal point of our frontend.

Boltzmann

Supporter
RL Member
Unfortunately RadKade's website is still unreachable for me. Lately, I've been launching a lot of my games from HLHQ itself - Hyperspin is becoming too much of a hassle. So I've been looking around for promising alternatives, and RadKade is definitely on my watchlist.