Rcps3 - emulator runs, eboot loads..but it runs behind RL

omegaprimal1

RL Member
Hello Gang,

Hope all is going well. So, after a long battle with Rpcs3, i can get Rocketlauncher to to Launch my PS3 backups. I am having a little bit of a challenge though that i hope someone can lend their expertise to:

my setup is that i am Launching RPCS3 via PC launcher

https://pastebin.com/KycetWrg (pclauncher.ahk details)

from there i create a bat file within the Rpcs3 folder for each game that links to the eboot/bin file of that game
example: to run Outrun, i have a /bat file with the following code:

rpcs3.exe "E:\HyperSpin\Emulators\Sony Playstation 3\rpcs3-v0.0.16-12375-2169e8d9_win64\dev_hdd0\game\NPEB00073\USRDIR\EBOOT.BIN

(As a note: i tested this BAT file by clicking on the .bat file, it loads up Rpcs3 and then launches the game full screen...all good so far)

once i create the bat, then i go into rocketlauncher, i specify each Rom to run the .bat file for its respective game ( i do this under the module tab, i go to Edit Global Module settings, i add the specific rom and direct the application to the bat file

Now, when i go to launch it is rocketlauncher, it opens the fade in, then shows the bat file running via the exe window. It then opens Rpcs3 and launches the game (while putting the bat file window and the Ppcs3 windows in the background behind the game)

..BUT..

the Rocketlauncher window does not minimize. SO i have the game on screen with the windowed rocketlaucher window blocking the view of the full screen game. I think it may be that the bat file, since it runs automatically, never puts the Rcps3 window as main window and keep the RL window still open.

Not sure if this is due to config setting in RL, a setting in Rpcs3 or if this is due to an .ahk settings

(here is the .ahk file for Rpcs3)

https://pastebin.com/f6JE3CsS

Anyone happen to have any thoughts or recommendations on this ?

Help me Obi-ones, you are my only hopes

BATTLEDONKEY

RL Member
Is there a particular reason you are using .bat files over a module?

This module has worked well for me so far, just point it to ur disc games (if i remember correct the audit doesnt turn them green but the games still launch tho, and for psn games I had to point to dev_hdd0/game/ foler

View attachment RPCS3.zip

omegaprimal1

RL Member
Hey Donkey, much thanks for the response. I am guessing the reason i went the bat file method was because my images are in eboot.bin format, not iso, and i do not think Rpcs3 supports that format.
I will look to convert a file to ISO and use these files you gave me.
Im not too sure where these files go, i am guess thank goes into the Rocketlauncher Module folder, the ini goes into the hyperspin folder (maybe) and the third one im not sure all all.

Any further details on where these will go?

Thanks again and i look forward to your reply

BATTLEDONKEY

RL Member
All 3 files go into the modules/rpcs3/ folder, and I also have my games in folder/eboot.bin format and the module works for me. Theres a new module posted in the forums here with more features but I was having some issues with it and have stuck with this one cause its working for me. Make sure you have rpcs3 in your "global emulators.ini" file and bin as one of the file extensions set for rpcs3 and if I remember correctly skip checks in settings for ps3 set to rom only

omegaprimal1

RL Member
all set, i had to update one line of code in the ahkUntitled.png did this and works like a pup.

..now, any clues on how to merge an edat file into an eboot.bin, i have the edat in the exdata folders but still showin up as trial (i'll do some digging and open a new thread if i cant figure it out. Thanks for helpin !! much appreciated