Request :" Postlaunch" for all module

buddevil

RL Member
Hello,

I think it would be useful to have "Postlaunch" as PClauncher in all modules/systems, for example to start AHK sleep/send keys and other .exe.

No ?

thank you a lot

djvj

Administrator
Staff member
Developer
That's what UserFunctions is for really. PostLaunch was meant as a way to cleanup from PC games/apps which you only use with PCLauncher. If you start to need a more global approach, utilize UserFunctions.

Dime333

RL Member
I'm a little confused, djvj. You told me this in another thread:

...But to press a key for a non-pc game is not really supported as there is no PostLaunch support for anything outside pclauncher.

So, if I want AHK to press a key in-game, I can use userfunctions? I thought you stated that it was not possible.

djvj

Administrator
Staff member
Developer
To press a key in game, yes you can use postlaunch for that, as long as it's using PCLauncher. If it's not, you need to use userfunctions for now.

buddevil

RL Member
Ok for userfunction, but works for a the "module" not for one game as PCLAUNCHER.

Is anyone can explain to me how it works ? I understand ...but I do not know how to do :

I want only for "dolphin triforce" launch a AHK, in this AHK :

sleep, 10000
send {F1 down}{F1 up}

I would like: When i launch a game with module dolphin triforce, 10 sec after RL send F1

Can someone explain to me in detail ? i read http://www.rlauncher.com/wiki/index.php?title=Development#Lib.5CUser_Functions_Init.ahk but not understand all...

Thank you a lot

Dime333

RL Member
I'm having a hard time understanding this. I managed to make a user function that activates only when I run Prince of Persia in MS-DOS.

Code:
Global systemName, romName, emuPath 
StartGlobalUserFeatures(){
	Log("StartGlobalUserFeatures - Starting")
        If (systemName = "Microsoft MS-DOS" && romname = "Prince of Persia (1990)")
        {
        WinWait("DOSBox ahk_class SDL_app")
        Sleep, 5000
        Send, {M down}
        sleep, 100
        Send, {M up}
        }

But This won't launch the game since the functions are happening before the game starts. How can I make it do it's thing after the game has launched?

djvj

Administrator
Staff member
Developer
Re: Request :" Postlaunch" for all module

Yes I'm sorry. It's not possible to perform a function after the emu has launched for this reason. Userfunctions is only right before the emu launches. Currently only pclauncher is capable to do something after the emu launches but before you close it.

Right now your only option is to edit the module and code something right before the process wait close line.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Dime333

RL Member
Re: Request :" Postlaunch" for all module

Yes I'm sorry. It's not possible to perform a function after the emu has launched for this reason. Userfunctions is only right before the emu launches. Currently only pclauncher is capable to do something after the emu launches but before you close it.

Right now your only option is to edit the module and code something right before the process wait close line.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

OK. Thanks. This is a feature that I would love to see in RL.

Last edited: