RocketLauncher Broadcast Message Feature

dustind900

Supporter
RL Member
Messages sent by RocketLauncher
current System and Game?

This will work great with apps like Unified Remote for android.

bleasby

RocketLauncher Developer
Developer
Messages sent by RocketLauncher
current System and Game?

Just added support for RL system and game messages.
You can find more detail on the wiki page. The example code already includes examples for using these new messages.
The changes on RL will be pushed soon to the official released files.

This will work great with apps like Unified Remote for android.

It is indeed a good idea to add support for Unified Remote, and it shouldn't be difficult.
I encourage any user with a little of programming skills to try to handle that (too much in my hands already and it is fun to have more brows on the gang).

pofo14

I am willing to work in this to become one of the brows. What is the primary use case for this? Is it to have RL notify the "app" of what is happening or more to remote control RL commands. I am thinking having the ability to issue pause / exit / ping commands from my phone would be beneficial at times. I think especially the exit script function would be great to be able to pass in from the external app, since this is best set to something not easily accessible from a control panel. Does anyone else has specific use cases for this that they can think of?

Last edited:

bleasby

RocketLauncher Developer
Developer
Looks like the link to the code example is broken. Comes up saying file not available.

I re-uploaded the code example. Please check if it is working now.
Keep in mind that a few messages will only work after the last files are pushed to the official release. This should not take long to be done.

I am willing to work in this to become one of the brows. What is the primary use case for this? Is it to have RL notify the "app" of what is happening or more to remote control RL commands. I am thinking having the ability to issue pause / exit / ping commands from my phone would be beneficial at times. I think especially the exit script function would be great to be able to pass in from the external app, since this is best set to something not easily accessible from a control panel. Does anyone else has specific use cases for this that they can think of?

Nice brow!
The code example was done with the remote control functionality in mind. You can take a look at it to give you some ideas.

If anyone comes up with any other cool use case we will do our best to help you out with any requests on the RocketLauncher code side.