Rocketlauncher Pause media using a Launchbox scraped library

Rykker

I suppose this is a request or wish.

I have launchbox scraped media for my large collection, and now im utilizing rocketlauncher pause screens.

I need a way to have rocketlauncher tap the launchbox images folder for media. This would be quite amazing if at all possible.

The only way i can see to pull this off is to make a copy and rename of all of the media from the launchbox images folders to the rocketlauncher media folders. For a large collection, this really isnt feasable nor space efficient. The media is all ready to go in launchbox's images folder already, just if rocketlauncher could know this and tap into it.

I thought about trying to change the rocketlauncher media path over to launchboxes images folder after merging them, but the file structures are slightly different.

Praxis

Have you looked into hard links/soft links if all your data is on the same NTFS drive? I'm sorta working on that myself....It's unique to NTFS drives and lets you have a virtual shortcut in the drive where Rocket Launcher wants to look for the files, BUT it actually goes to the Launchbox location. It is DIFFERENT than a shortcut though in the way that Rocket Launcher can't tell the difference between the hardlink and the shortcut. Will require a bit of a learning curve to figure out how the hard links work (google around), but it lets you have one file, but multiple location for it. If you don't have the data on a single NTFS drive.....I have no idea personally, sorry. Good luck!

aevans0001

RL Member
Does symbollic links work? Doesn't the media have to be named something specific for rocketlauncher? Can you explain if you got this working how? Thanks @Praxis