Second Screen Marquee Help

DCWyld

Thanks to all that are involved in helping promote and pursue the history of these games! With that said I also apologize if this topic has already been beat to death but it's driving me a little crazy. So I have an awsome cab playing the games I loved but one thing is still missing, an active LCD Marquee. I am using RL as my frontend currently and need to find/understand a way to get the marquees sent to the second monitor when in MAMEUIFX64 through RL. Just in MAME alone I have tried setting number of monitors to 2 and set view1 to marquee, but I get nothing. I have tried using the artwork with the .png and .lay files and just the straight marquee .png files. The best I got was a duplicate game screen on the second monitor, no marquee though. So I am sincerely asking for any additional guidance or help to get this final phase of my cabinet completed. THANKS ALL!

Last edited:

drewjbx

RL Member
I assume you are using hyperspin as your front end.. RL is not a front end. I personally don't have a 2nd display for a marquee (possibly on a future build)
I believe you should look up hypermarquee and event dispatch system to get on the right path..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

latin625

HI, Any guides on how to setup a MArquee in RL? I have bezels being handled by RL, but would like to have the marquee as well. Thanks!

mccorkled

RL Member
Set your display settings in Windows to "extend my display" You can turn off the task bar on the second monitor. Then drag your HyperMarquee window over to the 2nd display and make it the size you need.