Sega Model 2 graphics quality

Metalzoic

RL Member
I just got Model 2 set up (Hyperspin 1.4/RocketLauncher 1.0/1080 monitor) and it all seems to be working just fine.
However when running directly from the emulator the games look fantastic, crisp and sharp. Running through the RL module it downgrades the quality to what looks like the lowest possible quality. Is this caused by the module overwriting the "good" texture settings in the emulator .ini? Is there a way to get it to run in high quality through HS/RL?

ghutch92

Supporter
RL Member
VIP
In situations like when a game that is started by from the emulator performs differently than the same game started in the same emulator by rocketlauncher, the first thing you should check is the module settings.

Metalzoic

RL Member
In situations like when a game that is started by from the emulator performs differently than the same game started in the same emulator by rocketlauncher, the first thing you should check is the module settings.

That's what I did. There are very few settings within the module though. Fullscreen (T or F), Resolution (Tried 640x480 up through 1920x1080... no change) and the rest of the module settings are only for multiplayer/link. That's it.
From the emu changing the resolution drastically changes the sharpness. But from RL changing the resolution seems to make no change at all. it looks like it's fixed at 640x480 (or possibly less) even when set to 1080p.

Metalzoic

RL Member
Turns out that enabling bezels for Sega Model 2 seems to drop the graphics quality from the highest setting to the lowest possible. Turn bezels off again and it jumps back up to a super crisp and clean 1080.
So bezels are overriding those settings. Is it possible to fix this within the module or RL?

bleasby

RocketLauncher Developer
Developer
The bezel code just uses whatever you have for your emulator resolution on windowed mode.
I have no idea if you can control that on the sega model 2 emu, but bezel for sure do not change any emu settings.

Try before running the emu in windowed mode and figuring out if you are able to increase its resolution on this mode, if not, it is a emu limitation and it has nothing to do with RocketLauncher.

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

Metalzoic

RL Member
The bezel code just uses whatever you have for your emulator resolution on windowed mode.
I have no idea if you can control that on the sega model 2 emu, but bezel for sure do not change any emu settings.

Try before running the emu in windowed mode and figuring out if you are able to increase its resolution on this mode, if not, it is a emu limitation and it has nothing to do with RocketLauncher.

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

Yeah if you run direct from the emu in a window instead of fullscreen it drops the display res all the way down. Bummer, guess that means bezels are just a no-go with it then. Probably the same for DEmul if shaders don't display correctly when windowed.

brolly

Administrator
Developer
Did you check if there's a different setting to change the resolution for windowed mode? Many emulators have it.

codetvirus

RL Member
its been a while since last reply but anyone find the solution for this? The bezel screw the resolution in this module.

codetvirus

RL Member
I really tried to modified the module but wont have any progress. It is possible to keep the resolution and the bezels?

Spawk

Banned
I really tried to modified the module but wont have any progress. It is possible to keep the resolution and the bezels?
Unfortunately no, I am pretty sure the emulator is hard coded at low resolution. So no amount of options in the module can change that.

Either run fullscreen or possibly set your display to a way lower resolution and make a custom bezel to fit that.

Sent from my SM-A705W using Tapatalk

codetvirus

RL Member
Unfortunately no, I am pretty sure the emulator is hard coded at low resolution. So no amount of options in the module can change that.

Either run fullscreen or possibly set your display to a way lower resolution and make a custom bezel to fit that.

Sent from my SM-A705W using Tapatalk

What a shame. Thanks buddy