Transitioning RocketLauncher and Emulators outside your Hyperspin folder

djvj

Administrator
Staff member
Developer
So I was able to move RocketLauncher outside my HS folder in 15 minutes.

1. Shut down all RocketLauncher related tools and applications.
  2. Move folder RocketLauncher to the root of the drive it is currently on. I moved it from D:\Hyperspin\RocketLauncher to D:\RocketLauncher.
  3. Move folder Emulators to the root of the drive it is currently on. I moved it from D:\Hyperspin\Emulators to D:\Emulators.
  4. Open RocketLauncher\Settings\RocketLauncher.ini in notepad and hit Ctrl+H. In the find what box, put in Hyperspin\RocketLauncher and in the replace with box, put in RocketLauncher. Then this Replace All and save/exit.
  5. Open RocketLauncher\Settings\Global Emulators.ini in notepad and hit Ctrl+H. In the find what box, put in Hyperspin\Emulators and in the replace with box, put in Emulators. Then this Replace All and save/exit.

Optional 1 - Update Emulator configs
If you have system emulators set up, this step will require Notepad++. Once you have it, open it up and hit Ctrl+F, then click Find in Files. In the Find what box, put in Hyperspin\Emulators and in the replace with box, put in Emulators and in the Filters box, put in *.ini and in the Directory box, browse to your RocketLauncher\Settings folder. Then click Find All. If you have any results in the search at the bottom, review them first. If you are satisfied with them, click Replace in Files.

You can also do the same but change the path to your Emulators root folder. You can try *.* as the filter, but this can take a very long time if you have tons of emulators like I do. You can try common files first, like *.ini, *.cfg, and *.xml. Those should satisfy most.

Optional 2 - Move Utilities folder outside Hyperspin:
If you are like me and had a Utilities folder inside Hyperspin, it's a good idea to move that out also. I kept many things in here, like Notepad++, xpadder, ledblinky, etc. It makes sense to do this because this folder shouldn't really be tied to Hyperspin unless you only have HS related tools inside.

Now you are free to use RocketLauncher and Emulators with any other Front End of your choosing without having paths related to Hyperspin if you choose to delete it from your drive.

Last edited:

billyc666

RL Member
Re: Transitioning HyperLaunch and Emulators outside your Hyperspin folder

do you still need to use hyperhq to add new systems

brolly

Administrator
Developer
Re: Transitioning HyperLaunch and Emulators outside your Hyperspin folder

Yes, but HLHQ plugins already support adding new systems just didn't have time to code that portion to HS yet. In the future HyperHQ won't be needed anymore.

djvj

Administrator
Staff member
Developer
Clean install will actually be many times easier than an existing one as there is literally nothing to do except create the proper folders and make sure everything is in their own folders.

mirko

Buongiorno io avrei un problema con hyperspin, funziona quasi tutto bene, l'unica cosa che non va e mame, da ieri non so cosa ho toccato, quando lo vai ad avviare dalla wheel diventa nero e li