[SOLVED] Virtual Drives not loading images anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sublp111

RL Member
hello i have updated my pc to windows 10 since i have done that my DAEMON Tools Lite 4 will no longer mount any images. does anyone know a Virtual Drives program that will work with windows 10? :confused:

djvj

Administrator
Staff member
Developer
No idea as I do not have a windows 10 pc, so no way for me to test. You may be the first to test that.

I am not planning on upgrading anytime soon until the OS matures some. You have to expect issues if you adopted so early though.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Flostingyeti

RL Member
Daemon Tools lite will still load images in windows 10 it just cant use a SCSI virtual drive. Reinstall DTL4 and add only a DT virtual drive. Go to RocketLauncherUI global->settings->virtual drive set use SCSI to false. Also switch any disc based system scsi settings to "use default"

With these settings SSF (sega saturn) and UNZ (fm towns) mount images with DTL4

ePSXe (playstation) requires SCSI and wont work. BUT you can disable virtual drive setting and load images directly. I know this is not the greatest method but all my favorite games loaded just fine
PCSX2 (playstation 2) couldnt mount images but disabling virtual drive worked

disc based systems that dont need mounting:
NEC pc engine cd
turbografx cd
neo geo cd
sega cd
3do
cdi
gamecube
wii
jaguar cd
amiga cd32
dreamcast

so yeah all my systems work except those i ran with Demul (Naomi, Atomiswave). Demul crashes so spectacularly I have to reboot everytime.

And Taito Type X (I am so over setting up that system I dont even feel like troubleshooting it)

Besides having to possibly wait for a new version of Demul I would say Windows 10 is worth the upgrade.

Status
Not open for further replies.