Win10 2004 - HyperSpin no longer loading

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pacifikballa

RL Member
I'm sure some of you guys have updated Win10 to the latest version 2004. This update seems to have broken HS. It will not launch. RL is able to open just fine and launch games from, but when trying to run HS, it simply will not launch. Do you guys plan on a workaround or a patch soon? Thanks.

agent47

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
RL Member
Do you guys plan on a workaround or a patch soon? Thanks.

This has nothing to do with RL, it's a problem with HyperSpin so only they can fix it. It happened before and will probably happen again. I'd recommend looking at alternative frontends since HS dev has been dead for almost a decade and it's lacking in pretty much every aspect compared to other frontends.

If you want to stick with HS you'll just have to wait and hope that they fix it.

Pacifikballa

RL Member
This has nothing to do with RL, it's a problem with HyperSpin so only they can fix it. It happened before and will probably happen again. I'd recommend looking at alternative frontends since HS dev has been dead for almost a decade and it's lacking in pretty much every aspect compared to other frontends.

If you want to stick with HS you'll just have to wait and hope that they fix it.

Word Thunderbird. Will look into the other FE's and pick my poison. Thanks.

Just rollback to Windows 10 version 1909, they are currently looking into this issue regarding version 2004.

Update: unofficial fix for Windows 2004 Update now on Hyperspin website for those wanting to update.

Last edited:

superrama

for anyone whose windows.old folder got deleted and dont have a local dll to grab and have to download the sxs.dll, make sure its an older version. The first one i downloaded didnt work but i tried and older version and hyperspin ran again.

zerohour27

HyperSpin site is up again, try the link from there. If it doesn't work, i dunno. Maybe use a virtual machine like VMWare with an XP iso or something, like i do for HyperTheme (which doesnt work with my Win10).

Status
Not open for further replies.