RL Member
Hi,

the WinVICE module is not compatible with version 3.4 of the emulator:

LltTTA.jpg

Greetings.

Last edited:

Mr.Miguardi1989

RL Member
Seems that the ahk_class of the emulator is changed from "VICE" to "gdkWindowToplevel" but after some fast try i wasn't able to resolve the problem.

badflame

RL Member
Well, I have made the module work by modifying two lines:

Code:
muPrimaryWindow := new Window(new WindowTitle(,"VICE"))	; instantiate primary emulator window object

change for:

Code:
muPrimaryWindow := new Window(new WindowTitle(,"gdkWindowToplevel"))	; instantiate primary emulator window object

And this other line:

Code:
params := (If SdlVice = "true" ? " " : " +confirmexit")

change for:

Code:
;params := (If SdlVice = "true" ? " " : " +confirmexit")

Also is necessary to have a "vice.ini" file in the emulator directory for the module can write the configuration.

Obviously it will not do any good, since now the configuration is taken from the folder "%user%/AppData/Roaming/vice" and even if we force to use the ini of the current directory, we would have to change the value of the variable "ident" from "[C64]" to "[C64SC]". But still, some parameters are out of date.

In short, the module needs a complete revision, since the emulator has greatly changed its behavior. But, at least it is possible to make it work.

Mr.Miguardi1989

RL Member
Try this, it will look for the vice.ini file in the %appdata% folder.
Also changed the ident value to use C64SC.

Not sure if hiding the params row is a good idea but seems to fix the problem for now.
I am not using that emulator so need to test the ahk.

Attachments

• WinVICE.ahk
    25 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:

badflame

RL Member
Try this, it will look for the vice.ini file in the %appdata% folder.
Also changed the ident value to use C64SC.

Not sure if hiding the params row is a good idea but seems to fix the problem for now.
I am not using that emulator so need to test the ahk.

Well the module is ready. Now I have updated the deprecated variables (basically "FullscreenEnabled" --> "FullscreenEnable" and "Confirmexit" --> "ConfirmOnExit").

This module is 100% functional with the version 3.4 of WinVICE (not valid for previous versions of the emulator) , but... the PAUSE menú freezes :hmpf:

The log errors when PAUSE:

• ConvertToMonitorObject - Width not supplied in array. Object creation terminated.
  • CheckForNearestSupportedRes - Supplied desired resolution does not contain any data.

Attachments

• WinVICE v3.4.zip
    8.4 KB · Views: 87
Last edited:

Mr.Miguardi1989

RL Member
Good, i'm curious to take a look at the code since i will learn more in ahk programming.
Did you refer to the Hyperspin HyperPause or an internal Pause in the emulator that cause the freeze?

badflame

RL Member
Good, i'm curious to take a look at the code since i will learn more in ahk programming.
Did you refer to the Hyperspin HyperPause or an internal Pause in the emulator that cause the freeze?

I mean the Pause function of RL, pressing "+" (HyperPause). The emulator works fine :)

BlackPredator72

RL Member
Well the module is ready. Now I have updated the deprecated variables (basically "FullscreenEnabled" --> "FullscreenEnable" and "Confirmexit" --> "ConfirmOnExit").

This module is 100% functional with the version 3.4 of WinVICE (not valid for previous versions of the emulator) , but... the PAUSE menú freezes :hmpf:

The log errors when PAUSE:

• ConvertToMonitorObject - Width not supplied in array. Object creation terminated.
  • CheckForNearestSupportedRes - Supplied desired resolution does not contain any data.

Thnx! Got it working now too.

Only like to play this with a bezel.
Problem is that when enabling bezel the emulator borders are visible in the viewable window.
When switching to Full Screen, the emulator borders are gone, but the bezel too.

Any idea's?

20200706190604.jpg

badflame

RL Member
Thnx! Got it working now too.

Only like to play this with a bezel.
Problem is that when enabling bezel the emulator borders are visible in the viewable window.
When switching to Full Screen, the emulator borders are gone, but the bezel too.

Any idea's?

View attachment 3158

Sorry for the delay :hmmmm2:

You must hidde the menu from the WinVice options (Alt + B).

Greetings.

field3d

RL Member
Hello. I know RocketLauncher is deprecated and for Commodore 64 there are better options as the “CC64” I run is very good. However, I was reading this post and I saw someone posted a fix for the problem of Full Screen and RetroLauncher with WinVice. The purpose of use WinVice is because I want to use Commore 16, Plus4, 128, The Pet and all commdore and is a versatile emulator for all that ones with RocketLauncher. I had the version 2 of WinVice and I needed to update to the 3.8 because the vice.ini caused crashes and the 3.8 runs perfect without crashes. However, it doesn’t run with RocketLauncher the V3.8 in full screen. Anyone knows a fix to run in full screen the WinVice with RocketLauncher. I can execute the games from the RocketLauncher but I see the WinVice minimized and Windowed and is not so nice. I saw this old post that maybe had a fix for this I don’t know if works yet or not for new version 3.8 or what is needed to do to run full screen when execute WinVice via RocketLauncher?

agent47

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
RL Member
Not sure what you mean by "RL is deprecated". It very well could be an issue with the module depending on what version of the emulator you are running. If you want help with issues please follow the procedure here. Without it, nobody will be able to help since all they can do is guess.

field3d

RL Member
Really here there is no error or crash. Everything runs fine the only problem is when is executed a game for any commodore system controlled by WinVice in RocketLauncher it runs perfectly but not in full screen. I need to maximize the Window of the game clicking on maximize Window. I would like that runs all from WinVice in full screen always without maximize manually by myself the window. That’s all.