View Poll Results: Like the new logo?

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • Love it so much more!

10 90.91%
  • Hate it, bring back the old one!

0 0%
  • I don't care, going back under my rock...

1 9.09%

Thread: New Logo

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    New Logo 
    RocketLauncher Developer
    MainSecondary
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    So, what does everyone think of the new logo?
    "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music."

If you appreciate our work, please support the site by clicking the Donate button at the top of the page.

2. Collapse Details
    Re: New Logo 

MainSecondary
    It's really nice. I kind of wish that the icon would portray a bit more of what RL is about... so something videogamey would be nice, but I'm nitpicking.

3. Collapse Details
    MainSecondary
    a little bit too futuristic but better than the last one. Maybe with less effects and hard colorways... to make it more professional and serious

4. Collapse Details
    MainSecondary
    Quote Originally Posted by zerojay View Post
    It's really nice. I kind of wish that the icon would portray a bit more of what RL is about... so something videogamey would be nice, but I'm nitpicking.
    I agree with this. The logo is very nice, but some kind of nod to what the whole thing is all about would be nice.

5. Collapse Details
    RocketLauncher Developer
    MainSecondary
    I feel it's hard to portray in a logo what you guys are suggesting. If you can think of specific ideas of what to put where, maybe we can work on something.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
    "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music."

If you appreciate our work, please support the site by clicking the Donate button at the top of the page.

6. Collapse Details
    MainSecondary
    Quote Originally Posted by djvj View Post
    I feel it's hard to portray in a logo what you guys are suggesting. If you can think of specific ideas of what to put where, maybe we can work on something.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
    for example, delete the fade colors... I guess this would make the logo more readable ...also the shadowing under the hard red outlines would be better to delete... in a fancy part of the page would both absolutely ok, but as the main logo I would thing "less is more"

look at all the big graphical interfaces nowadays... everything would be flat colors...

7. Collapse Details
    MainSecondary
    Last edited by Marcoqwerty ; 05-14-2015 at 06:15 AM.

8. Collapse Details

MainSecondary
    Absolutely love the new logo and I would go with the second logo that Marcoqwerty put up. You see the logo more than the white trying to make it more bold.

Hope it doesn't change to anything too retro but imo RocketLauncher's essence is really from the command line and it's like a core. When I think of the Rocket and the Launcher the first thing that comes to mind is a NASA display font which is pretty retro and I guess people who have that second monitor could display their fonts matching it. Personally, I like it the way it is and I'm just throwing it out there. Love the rocket.

9. Collapse Details
    MainSecondary
    the second one from marco is way better... very cool

10. Collapse Details
    MainSecondary
    I open to all changes...but remember i needed to resize the logo to 16x16 px, for this needing to be identificable and clean!

thanks for all comments....

11. Collapse Details
    MainSecondary
    Test About RL icons...

IconRLTest1Ombra-01.png

this max size all next need resized until 16x16

12. Collapse Details
    MainSecondary
    Or really flat..

IconRLpiatta-01-01.png
    Last edited by Marcoqwerty ; 05-15-2015 at 09:19 AM. Reason: Boost Color

13. Collapse Details
    MainSecondary
    flat one is way better

14. Collapse Details
    MainSecondary
    Yes, flat is the most up to date and current. That one is still a little off though... with the gradient it looks half 3D, half flat. What if the gradient was very subtle and used throughout the icon? Instead of grading to black, how about a darker version of the color? ie red to dark red. Like this: http://media.merchantcircle.com/2266...b-ns_full.jpeg

What about a texture or negative subtracted background like this: http://cdn.thedeadhub.com/wp-content...ulous-Logo.jpg

Another option would be to simplify the rocket into as few geometric shapes as possible. Act like you're limited on colors and shapes. Completely flat and iconic.

I'm really glad the first RL logo was only temporary.

I strongly disagree with using something obvious in the logo, ie a generic character, an arcade or cartridge. We are always talking clients out of this. Every dentist wants a tooth in his logo. That's the surest way to make your logo look like it was done for free by a company that makes signs. Or to find yourself in Clipart Hell.
    Last edited by suspendedhatch ; 05-15-2015 at 08:02 PM.

15. Collapse Details
    MainSecondary
    Quote Originally Posted by Marcoqwerty View Post
    Really like this one. Dated but in a good way, since arcade art is dated and retro. Also, it's just executed well.

16. Collapse Details
    MainSecondary
    I'm really liking the second one.

17. Collapse Details
    RocketLauncher Developer
    MainSecondary
    It has come to my attention that the rocket used in the current logo is from a clipart/vector site. If I wanted to ever trademark it, I would not be able to. So I am still looking for something original or I will go back to the original logo I had up. I do like the original rocket and logo very much, especially the rocket as it has been with me for awhile, and was created from scratch for me.

18. Collapse Details
    MainSecondary
    Looks good man!

19. Collapse Details
    MainSecondary
    nice draw! orange is near to the hypersin logo.

rocketlauncher

this word is too long for an application.

20. Collapse Details
    MainSecondary
    Quote Originally Posted by djvj View Post
    It has come to my attention that the rocket used in the current logo is from a clipart/vector site. If I wanted to ever trademark it, I would not be able to. So I am still looking for something original or I will go back to the original logo I had up. I do like the original rocket and logo very much, especially the rocket as it has been with me for awhile, and was created from scratch for me.
    sadly...

maybe design that Word "Rocketlauncher" like a Rocket itself... so it would look like a rocket :-)