Thread: Raine - SNK Neo Geo and SNK Neo Geo CD

1. Collapse Details
    Raine - SNK Neo Geo and SNK Neo Geo CD 
    MainSecondary
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    I've been struggling with getting Neo Geo CD working again. I could swear it used to work, but maybe I was using MAME or NeoRaine. Now I'm using Raine and kept getting the "Could not find IPL.TXT" error. I think I have it fixed, I'm just waiting for the "HS Ready" to finish. But I noticed some things throughout this process that may need addressing:

The module should be named "Raine" or split from the "NeoRaine" module. Everything else keeps up to date with the latest, so this should be consistent.

The naming convention for the Neo Geo database is different (MAME style) than Neo Geo CD. Most of these overlap, do they not? What is the reason for using two different naming conventions between Neo Geo and CD? Wouldn't this require us to keep duplicates for ~ 90 of the same games? The thing is that I got it working directly through Raine using the MAME naming convention, but RL says none of the games are found because they are named differently.

And now I have a question. I have "SNK Neo Geo" set up in RL, and the icon appears automatically, so that naming must be correct. But in HyperSync under media configuration, you have to choose either AES or MVS. One is the home console and one is the arcade, but which one am I using? lol Is that a question for the HyperSync guys?

2. Collapse Details
    Re: Raine - SNK Neo Geo and SNK Neo Geo CD 
    MainSecondary
    Using neoraine here... No problem here... Even the ipl thing.. U read the module notes about the ipl ??

3. Collapse Details
    MainSecondary
    Yeah, I got that figured out I think. I've got the arcade set working and waiting on the CD set so I can test it. My main confusion is why it's in RL as "SNK Neo Geo" but comes up as MVS. In HyperSync there's no plain Neo Geo, you have to choose AES or MVS.

Why not upgrade to Raine?

4. Collapse Details
    MainSecondary
    Quote Originally Posted by suspendedhatch View Post
    Yeah, I got that figured out I think. I've got the arcade set working and waiting on the CD set so I can test it. My main confusion is why it's in RL as "SNK Neo Geo" but comes up as MVS. In HyperSync there's no plain Neo Geo, you have to choose AES or MVS.
    The system is called SNK Neo Geo, but with HyperSpin 1.4 they updated Hypersync to have separate art for both the AES home console carts and the MVS arcade version. They both update the same SNK Neo Geo system and the one you choose determines which style of art gets downloaded. At least that's how I understand it.

I have no idea what Raine is, does it do a better job of emulating Geo than MAME does?

5. Collapse Details

MainSecondary
    Quote Originally Posted by Metalzoic View Post
    The system is called SNK Neo Geo, but with HyperSpin 1.4 they updated Hypersync to have separate art for both the AES home console carts and the MVS arcade version. They both update the same SNK Neo Geo system and the one you choose determines which style of art gets downloaded. At least that's how I understand it.

I have no idea what Raine is, does it do a better job of emulating Geo than MAME does?
    MVS / AES. One was home system, one was arcade, as I understand it. Very minor differences to the end using simply looking to get the system setup. That said, Neo Geo CD is a different system, I believe. I have it setup separately from SNK Neo Geo using MESS and it works fine.

6. Collapse Details
    MainSecondary
    What romset are you using for Neo Geo CD. I've tried Raine but no matter which file I use it doesn't work.